PDA

View Full Version : Knock sensor?

sqhertz
02-15-2008, 05:48 PM
so my SES light came on today , went to auto zone to use the odb scanner and pulled a P0327. guy told me it was the oxygen sensor before the cat, but my book says its the knock sensor. book says its located IN the engine block, under the cylinder heads. :confused:
is it something someone with little mechanical skills can take care of , or is it best to take it to the shop? i would imagine , if its inside the engine , alot of labor would be involved. :(

SethPhillips
02-15-2008, 05:49 PM
so my SES light came on today , went to auto zone to use the odb scanner and pulled a P0327. guy told me it was the oxygen sensor before the cat, but my book says its the knock sensor. book says its located IN the engine block, under the cylinder heads. :confused:
is it something someone with little mechanical skills can take care of , or is it best to take it to the shop? i would imagine , if its inside the engine , alot of labor would be involved. :(

and this is a chevy??

id take it to the dealer to have the obd scanned again.. just in case..

sqhertz
02-15-2008, 05:56 PM
and this is a chevy??

id take it to the dealer to have the obd scanned again.. just in case..

it is a 96 chevy. dont they charge at the dealership though?
im sure the code is right , its one of those orange actron? scanners.

2002XLT
02-15-2008, 06:42 PM
ya, usually 100 bucks just to pop the hood. i hate fcking dealerships.

i would try and find a chevy blazer forum, they woudl probably know better then anyone here.