PDA

View Full Version : box idea design. whatcha think?

kingNdaCastle08
02-15-2008, 08:39 AM
ok so i have a 2005 GMC Canyon extended cab
the space behind the front bench seat is pretty big for a medium size truck. so i was thinking i want to make a sub box that can double as a seat when necessary for short trips, beer runs, etc.
SO i want to make a sealed box to run straight across the back, that can have two people sit on it without comprimising the structural integrity of the box, and have atleast 2 12" woofers. good idea? bad idea? thoughts?:confused::D

budget76
02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
not a bad idea. make sure it's got padding on top, grills on the subs, and provisions for seat belts. As long as the cops won't hassle you, go for it, and post pics.

BrianChia
02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah it will work. You could probably even have a shop upholster it or at least put some foam cushions on top. I would probably do an angled downfiring design.

Wkbdkid
02-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah it will work. You could probably even have a shop upholster it or at least put some foam cushions on top. I would probably do an angled downfiring design.
Was goona suggest the samething. Downfiring to protect the the subs. Some padding on top an upholster over it.

BuckyBoy
02-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Here is a quick sketch of something you might be interested in...
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg294/SMCustomz/canyon.jpg

2critical
02-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Great idea, I like the downfiring idea myself. ^^^^

IDSkoT
02-18-2008, 03:33 AM
I don't know why the double wood, but the downfiring sounds pretty nice. But, the problem with downfiring (or so I hear) is that sometimes if it's too close it sounds bad, and the transverse is true, too.

BuckyBoy
02-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't know why the double wood, but the downfiring sounds pretty nice. But, the problem with downfiring (or so I hear) is that sometimes if it's too close it sounds bad, and the transverse is true, too.
The only place it is doubled up is the legs. With people sitting on it, I would rather it have more support so the legs don't fail.

kingNdaCastle08
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
The only place it is doubled up is the legs. With people sitting on it, I would rather it have more support so the legs don't fail.

hell yes. good design. i think this could work out quite well. ill try 2 get some dimensions if u would fit em to it..