PDA

View Full Version : Which Nav/Dvd unit

ace_800
02-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Got a friend who wants to put in a Nav unit in his car, he already has a DVD unit in the back and a basic unit in the front. He wants to be able to play each unit seperatly at times and once in awile play the same video from both sources.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as long as either unit has a audio/video out and the other has audio video in, by running a set of RCA's from them it will work correct?

Here are the models hes looking at, he doesn't really think he likes the Pioneer since u have to have the Nav disk in to use it. If anyone has any additional ideas, possibly Eclipse? Which one would you buy?

Panasonic Strada (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9359_Panasonic+Strada+CN-NVD905U.html)

Kenwood DNX7100 (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9139_Kenwood+DNX7100.html#specs)

Pioneer AVIC-Z2 (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9006_Pioneer+AVIC-Z2.html)

Firmbiz94
02-14-2008, 12:40 PM
im in the same situation..cant figure out which one i want..i believe that the dnx-7100 has the best nav..(garmin) so thats the way i was gonna go..now i just was lookin at the eclipse avn-5500 and it seems real nice too..5v output 9 band parametric eq ets..now im stuck between those 2.. i wish some one would help me make a decision

ace_800
02-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Well I just found out the Z2/Z3 doesn't need a disk since it has the 30gb HDD and you can burn music and **** to it. I've been lookin at the Eclipse 6620 too, I like the fact of the Z2/Z3's capability to load music to the HD though. Eclipse doesn't have HD or USB which I would like one of them.

mihklo
02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
im in the same situation..cant figure out which one i want..i believe that the dnx-7100 has the best nav..(garmin) so thats the way i was gonna go..now i just was lookin at the eclipse avn-5500 and it seems real nice too..5v output 9 band parametric eq ets..now im stuck between those 2.. i wish some one would help me make a decision

i havent used the kenwood but had the 5500. i for one was not a big fan of it. im not sure if it was just my unit but when i was playing an mp3 it would take forever to switch folders and when it would it would skip a few times before it would even switch.
i myself am in the same situation as well, trying to decide between the pioneer d3x, alpine 205 and one of the kenwood units. might even look into that panasonic as i have always been a fan of theirs

Firmbiz94
02-14-2008, 09:53 PM
yea the panasonic looked nice (the strada) but i have heard nightmare storys about that so im def not gonna get that one..now that you tell me about the eclipse being slow i think im gonna go with the kenwood dnx7100...on cnet the kenwood scored higher than a eclipse unit and the avic d3...i was originially goin to go for the d3 but i dont like that the screen is so small compared to the others.. i like that you dont need a disc for the nav on the kenwood....i would take any of the navs..and im sure i would be happy. i really just want dvd/cd playback and just the nav to be there if i need it..which wont be too often.. So i think with the 7 in screen and the garmin nav the kenwood is gonna be the way to go for me...hopefully i can find it cheap..on ebay they usually go for like 800-850 but if you look you can find one for like 700 refurbed or something...the d3 is really reasonable, for like 700 bucks you get the whole unit and all the bells and whistles..(bluetooth interface ipod connectivity etc.)

Qbenjamin
02-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I love my Eclipse AVN 5495. 30GB HDD, and unlike Pioneer, the Navi is always accurate. I don't have any experience with any other brand besides Pioneer and Eclipse. I could go on about the features, but just know that there's a lot of them.

Firmbiz94
02-18-2008, 12:12 AM
now i think im gonna go for the avic z2..im pretty much set on this now it has all the options i want plus more...i can get a refurb online for 700-800...i think thats a pretty good deal considering they are over 2g's retail