PDA

View Full Version : Sealed box ?

NOSFIRE
04-22-2003, 07:54 AM
OK since I am new at this stuff can someone enlighten me...Does a sealed box mean that the whole subwoofer is enclosed...or just the part where the magnet is?

Second question..If I build a sealed box and I put plexiglass over the front of it...which is more for view then for design..its not part of the box but a layer probably a half an inch above the subwoofer...will it affect it negatively...

thanks

mykeys
04-22-2003, 08:19 AM
A sealed box is a plain box with only one hole for the sub to mount. You can use plexi for a speaker grill but You wanna leave 3+ inches of clearance so the sub can breathe. There are other grills that look good without being too close to the sub. If you want to cut some kind of design into it before mounting in front of the sub is fine but just a sheet of plexi is gonna change the way the sub sounds in the cabin..

Mike

NOSFIRE
04-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks...

One of the reason I want to add the plexiglass is too protect the sub because its part of the floor in the hatchback..the roof of the car comes off and fits in the back..I was thinking that might have been a good idea to protect it...

So a grill would be a better idea then? thanks