PDA

View Full Version : Moving my Tweets

parklife
04-22-2003, 04:32 AM
hello all guys...i hope my thread havent been review before, i tried to search but didn't get a good answer...
my car is an Acura integra. i'm not really happy with the stock tweets housing in my door. i want to move it so the tweets facing the driver so it will crate better sound (i think)on the mirror cover. do you guys think its a good idea?
do they have an after market tweets housing for integra so i just can snap it on the spot that i want (mirror cover). and how do i close the hole in the old tweets housing?

Matador
04-22-2003, 05:01 AM
yep. it might be a lil better cuz it might be at ppl's height.
but u ll have a nasty hole in tehre, dat's for sho.

paikiah
04-22-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by parklife
hello all guys...i hope my thread havent been review before, i tried to search but didn't get a good answer...
my car is an Acura integra. i'm not really happy with the stock tweets housing in my door. i want to move it so the tweets facing the driver so it will crate better sound (i think)on the mirror cover. do you guys think its a good idea?
do they have an after market tweets housing for integra so i just can snap it on the spot that i want (mirror cover). and how do i close the hole in the old tweets housing?

I'm not sure of imaging issues, but I know if the tweeter is not very close to the mids, you should separate it by at least 10~12" or something. (according to amp/speaker manuals) Also, the previous hole can be covered by grill cloth, and I guess it'll act as a dummy tweeter. I suggest maybe using a damping mat from behind, and a grill cloth to cover to finish it off.

It'd be great if they have a pre-mad housing for the tweeters. If you have to make it by yourself, then you gotta do research on fiberglass. I just couldn't get fiberglass easy over here, so I used resin instead. Needs a bit of sanding, but it can look acceptable with the right carpet/paint (after primer).

awalbert88
04-22-2003, 05:56 PM
Well, in my Mustang, it came stock with tweeters mounted on the panel inside the door where the mirrors go. This is probably about the best location for tweeters (aside from a pure kick panel setup). I'd say go for it and if it can't be made to sound right (might have to play around with your settings a bit), then put it back where it was.