PDA

View Full Version : Aero Ports

KCha
02-13-2008, 05:00 AM
I searched this and read every thread that came up and am nowhere closer to finding a solution.

To start off I need 3 4" aeroports for the next box I will be doing. If I were to use PVC for the straight part would the Flares from psp or partsexpress slide right on to it (to save money on the tube)?

I read some things about PVC sounding worse than regular aeroports (as in SQ) but not sure if I really believe that one...any input?

Is there a certain type of PVC I should go with or maybe even an alternative plastic that would still be able to have the flared ends attached that would be better than regular PVC?

I know a flared end can be put on a PVC but that is a skill I will develop down the road and don't wanna wait for it for the next boxes I need.

or better yet...anyone have a couple 4" ports laying around they don't need? =P haha

KCha
02-13-2008, 05:13 PM
bump... any one have any ideas??

Lakota
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I searched this and read every thread that came up and am nowhere closer to finding a solution.

To start off I need 3 4" aeroports for the next box I will be doing. If I were to use PVC for the straight part would the Flares from psp or partsexpress slide right on to it (to save money on the tube)?

I read some things about PVC sounding worse than regular aeroports (as in SQ) but not sure if I really believe that one...any input?

Is there a certain type of PVC I should go with or maybe even an alternative plastic that would still be able to have the flared ends attached that would be better than regular PVC?

I know a flared end can be put on a PVC but that is a skill I will develop down the road and don't wanna wait for it for the next boxes I need.

or better yet...anyone have a couple 4" ports laying around they don't need? =P haha

Not all PVC is exactly the same diameter (including the thickness). Lowes has PVC that is nearly the same in diameter, but still not a tight fit. You could always use duct tape. Some other guys may have more to add to this.

mrbomb
02-13-2008, 11:27 PM
instead of making a new thread im just going to hijack this one

my question is, when measuring for length of the port do you measure #1 or #2?
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z166/mrbomb_photos/untitled.jpg

im guessing #2 but just wanted to double check

mrbomb
02-13-2008, 11:40 PM
giggidy

KCha
02-14-2008, 01:07 AM
you measure the tube..but also if you are using flared ends on both sides some of that counts as well. For 4" ports you add 2.5 for each port. Can't remember how much 6" add on but it is on the website.

KCha
02-14-2008, 01:08 AM
BTW number 2 should be 1 inch longer than number 1 (after that 5 inches or w/e for other size ports is added on)

brenzbmr
02-14-2008, 01:55 AM
im doing a box for my lexus, ill be using two areo ports.. i am actually rabbitting an edge into the port pipe to accomadate the areo port, then ill smooth out the inside of the port by the seams with some body filler.

ill be doing that tommorrow so ill post pics.