PDA

View Full Version : Car dealer maintenance place?

cheeto
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I heard from a friend that dealerships won't service your car any more if you make modifications to the car... like put a new head unit in or amp + sub for instance... Anyone know the truth? Thanks.

bonesninja
02-12-2008, 05:01 PM
false

THUNDERBIRD
02-12-2008, 05:02 PM
**** no its not true. now if you go in and hack the wiring up they might try to saysomething. or if you mess the car up with a direct cause from the modification. and you live in carmel? my uncle own's prarie view golf course

cheeto
02-12-2008, 05:09 PM
**** no its not true. now if you go in and hack the wiring up they might try to saysomething. or if you mess the car up with a direct cause from the modification. and you live in carmel? my uncle own's prarie view golf course

Alright good. My install is pretty amature (hid some wires under the third row seats, but **** it) and I don't want them talkin **** lol. I live a block away from that golf course. Seeing as its carmel your uncle must be **** rich from owning that place

audioatg
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Alarms and remote starts. Are the ones I had a problem with ppl bringing it to the dealership saying it has a no start problem. Like two or three days after they had somthin installed. Or some one saying the smell a burning smell from under the dash. Like a chicken nest wires everywhere melted.

FineLinePimpin
02-25-2008, 04:06 PM
ANY dealer can refuse to work on your vehicle. If they feel its going to be a liability problem,where they dont want to rist damaging your stereo equipment they can most def. refuse to work on your car. Every dealer is different. We have refused to work on cars because there were wires all over the place and dont want to risk breaking something or having the customer say we broke something when we didnt.