PDA

View Full Version : how?

BassBoomer
04-21-2003, 09:28 PM
i have read that it is better to just have one port in a dual sub dual chamber box because of tuning reasons. now how would i go about doing this with two seperate chambers?

paikiah
04-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by BassBoomer
i have read that it is better to just have one port in a dual sub dual chamber box because of tuning reasons. now how would i go about doing this with two seperate chambers?

hmm, either you've 1. mis read that information (dual subs, one chamber, one port), or 2. you've read up on bandpass...

BassBoomer
04-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by paikiah
hmm, either you've 1. mis read that information (dual subs, one chamber, one port), or 2. you've read up on bandpass...

its a box with 2 diff chambers for 2 diff subs. ~1.5 cubes each chamber. and i am wondering how to use one port for the 2 chambers. oh unless that was bandpass but i dont think so.

BassBoomer
04-21-2003, 09:47 PM
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28375 heres the thread and it says to use one port about the 5th post down.

paikiah
04-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by BassBoomer
its a box with 2 diff chambers for 2 diff subs. ~1.5 cubes each chamber. and i am wondering how to use one port for the 2 chambers. oh unless that was bandpass but i dont think so.

two chambers, each contains a sub, but have on port. THe port would have to be in either side. If there were two chambers, and a slot port in the middle, that would be one port, I guess. If there was s divider in-between the port, that would still be two ports.

If the two chambers share a common port, I think that is really not two separate chambers at all, the way I look at it.

BassBoomer
04-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by paikiah

If the two chambers share a common port, I think that is really not two separate chambers at all, the way I look at it.

thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure.