PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer seek tuning

danp129
02-12-2008, 12:38 PM
My system got stolen and I'm looking for something similar to my old DEH-P3800MP but has a better seek feature.

Are there any Pioneer HU's that will seek to an actual station instead of changing the frequency by 2 mhz each press. I know you can hold the seek button in for a full second to make it search for the next strong signal but it takes forever going through all the stations in my area. I could press the up/down to cycle through presets but there's more than 6 stations I listen to. If any of the HU's can cycle through all 18 presets w/o manually changing FM I/II/III that would work I guess.

I think Pioneer purposly made this seek a pain on purpose to mask their sub-par seek speed to other HU's by making it harder to compare in a side by side comparison.

Any recommendations on other HU's that have parametric EQ's, high-pass filter, and subwoofer turn off/mute (I have a 3yr old and baby) in the $175 ish range?

nismos14
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
You can't be serious...

danp129
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Are you saying you feel Pioneer has one of the better tuning interfaces out on the market or are you saying that you can't believe people still listen to FM?