PDA

View Full Version : RCA's touched my power cable!!!



headbussaboi
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Because I'm an idiot, one pair of my RCA's accidentally touched my fuseblock while installing an amp. When this happened, it caused a few sparks but no blown fuses or anything. I still get sound, but I'm just curious as to if this caused any damage to the RCA outputs at the back of the HU? How do I test to see if I'm still getting even voltage out of the left and right of my sub-out? I have a MM but when I put the probes to the RCA cable, it doesn't have any readings, do I have to used a spliced RCA wire?

Alex965
02-11-2008, 01:45 AM
If you have sound, the HU is fine. You can't partly blow your head unit, in 99.5% cases it either survives or blows something and goes into "protect" mode. Make sure that you set your voltmeter to AC when measuring RCA voltage with a sine wave.

NMBR1SPT
02-12-2008, 05:51 PM
:needpics:

Scoobydoo
02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
i got chocolate in my peanut butter

bumpincrv
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
i got chocolate in my peanut butter

im eating a reses