PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 7100 freezing up playing CDs, any info?

Specialmustard
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I've had a 7100 for a few months and I have what appears to be a common problem: a few minutes into playing a CD the unit freezes up and the only way to bring it back is to do a manual reset...which is obviously a pain because I have to fix all the settings again. I have found many people with this same issue online (the first 2 reviewers on Crutchfield had it) and some have had the unit replaced only to have it happen with the new unit.

Has anyone had this issue and actually figured out what the problem is? I do not want to send the unit back to the dealer and be without it for months just to get another with the same issue. It would seem to be a software problem but I suppose it could be mechanical, or even install-related. By install-related I do not mean the result of a bad install, the problem seems too common for that and my installers are good, rather I'm wondering if there are some special considerations for install of this unit (I have heard in the past that Eclipse HUs can be picky w/ install).

Any info would really help, I don't want to waste a bunch of time having the dealer and/or installer chasing their tails while I have no HU.

nismos14
02-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I had that issue with my first unit, thy replaced it and didn't have it till I sold it which was maybe 2 months later max.