PDA

View Full Version : best paint for fiberglass

yamaman
02-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey everyone I just got a topper for my truck and the inside is white and I would ike to paint it black. What is the best paint besides automotive paint for painting fiberglass? Brands of rattle can that is the best or would a roll on say oil based paint be best? Thanks everyone

snoopdan
02-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey everyone I just got a topper for my truck and the inside is white and I would ike to paint it black. What is the best paint besides automotive paint for painting fiberglass? Brands of rattle can that is the best or would a roll on say oil based paint be best? Thanks everyone

why would you even consider not painting it with a polyurethane or acrylic enamel with a HVLP gun ? :confused:

yamaman
02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Because it was just in the shop for alot of paintwork and I didn't think of it till I got it back. And I figure its just the inside so how it looks isn't really that important I just want it to look decent and not peel at all. I want it black so that the white won't show up through the tinted windows.

skydeaner
02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
it would take for ****ing ever without a spray gun and a compressor fyi.

you can have a setup worthy of spraying what you are doing for less than 200 bucks though.

snoopdan
02-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Because it was just in the shop for alot of paintwork and I didn't think of it till I got it back. And I figure its just the inside so how it looks isn't really that important I just want it to look decent and not peel at all. I want it black so that the white won't show up through the tinted windows.

oh hell, man just rattle can paint that ****. Peeling is entirely up to you, no matter what you paint it with. You need to clean the surface of the area you wish to paint with some acetone to get off all the oil and impurities first, and then whatever the hell you want to coat it with will stick well.

ngsm13
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
oh hell, man just rattle can paint that ****. Peeling is entirely up to you, no matter what you paint it with. You need to clean the surface of the area you wish to paint with some acetone to get off all the oil and impurities first, and then whatever the hell you want to coat it with will stick well.

INdeed. Clean it and go for it...

nG

yamaman
02-08-2008, 02:30 PM
so is there a certain brand of rattle can that wil work best?? There actaully is not that much to paint inside the topper its going to take longer to tape and plastic everything off. Here is a pic of the topper
http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/showownerpic.asp?u=8731&n=773541&pos=1

In this pic here you can see the white and the reason why I want to paint it
http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/showownerpic.asp?u=8731&n=773560&pos=1

snoopdan
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Say it with krylon, and say it well :fyi:

yamaman
02-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Ok I figured Krylon