PDA

View Full Version : 1baller= scum bag scammer

igtree
02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
can someone help me get through the process of possibly getting my money back??? :verymad:

ViolentAudio
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
explain what happened please...

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
his forsale thred in the misc. for ps3 + accessories i bought.. well thought i bought for $345 and recieved a brick in the mail today... haha jokes on me (not cool i know im an idiot but keep the bashing to a minimum please) i contacted paypal and they cant do anything because its not an ebay item and that is all they certify so they told me to contact local police (im in the process fo that now) and an internet fraud complaint center (doing that as well)

LiquidClen
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
that *****

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
oh and i cant claim that i never recieved the item either becasue there was a tracking number for the box with the brick in it... baiscally if they contact him he will simply show that the item shows delivered and he wins despuite.... what should i do besides what i have already done...

i also checked with one of his refs before sending monies off and recieved good word but i know its the classic get a few good refs and then scam someone for some real money

ViolentAudio
02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
definitely contact local police...first step...nothing like a knock at the door from the cops....thats the lowest bullshit ive evr heard....

Johnny Drama
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Pic of your brick in mail?

TylerBD12
02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
that ***** dude!

i hate POS scammers...

BobbyDD
02-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Do you have his name and address? Definately call the police. Can we get an IP check on him to see if he has any other screen names?

ViolentAudio
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
basically with PP its your word against his...so you're f'ed there...go with local POPO's

TylerBD12
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
didn't a member here have something like that happen not too long ago?

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
pic shortly

Johnny Drama
02-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Do you have his name and address? Definately call the police. Can we get an IP check on him to see if he has any other screen names?

He is clear.

jeeper07
**** he really sent u a brick... that sucsk

SHOemup233
That ***** real bad man. But

A brick? Thats hilarious :rotflol:

snoopdan
Ive said it once, i'll say it again.

Paypal is not responsbible or support any libilities associated with purchases thru their business beyond items on ebay. Period. nada... zilch. Even if you bought it on a credit card, your business (and liability) is done with them. The end.

You can call your local police, but they'll tell you to call the police in the scammer's town.

You can contact the police in the scammer's town, but they'll tell you to contact your local county clerk's office or DA for small claims court documents.

You can contact your county office clerk or DA's office for the small claims forms, but they'll notify you that it will cost $40-60 for just submitting the small claims lawsuit forms and another $40-60 for the Sherrif's office to serve the scammer his certified summons for court.

You can sue the scammer, if you win you the cost of your lawsuit filling will be added to the amount of money the scammer took from you. But its highly doubtfull you'll get any of the money back EVEN IF the judgement is for the plantiff.

You're fucked.

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2750/brickol3.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brickol3.jpg)

ViolentAudio
I don't know...I called local popos and they knocked on his door and walla! had payment within 3 days...dunno...maybe i was lucky....

jeeper07
basically what snoop is saying is get a few buddies and go pay him a visit... only way to get stuff done

ace_800
Did you use a credit card? I say **** pp and call the cc and say you didn't get you item. I've done it and got my cash back from the cc.

SHOemup233
Ive said it once, i'll say it again.

Paypal is not responsbible or support any libilities associated with purchases thru their business beyond items on ebay. Period. nada... zilch. Even if you bought it on a credit card, your business (and liability) is done with them. The end.

You can call your local police, but they'll tell you to call the police in the scammer's town.

You can contact the police in the scammer's town, but they'll tell you to contact your local county clerk's office or DA for small claims court documents.

You can contact your county office clerk or DA's office for the small claims forms, but they'll notify you that it will cost $40-60 for just submitting the small claims lawsuit forms and another $40-60 for the Sherrif's office to serve the scammer his certified summons for court.

You can sue the scammer, if you win you the cost of your lawsuit filling will be added to the amount of money the scammer took from you. But its highly doubtfull you'll get any of the money back EVEN IF the judgement is for the plantiff.

You're fucked.

Ouch. That's scary. Sorry man.

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
yea i know but if im ever in cal im gonna cruise by that addy and kick some @$$

2002XLT
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
did you use a credit/debit card?

Johnny Drama
Ok, just a thought...

Did the brick come in a PS3 box or was it in a plain brown box?

jeeper07
dude atleast call some people see if you get lucky... odnt let him get away with your money. hell if you want to pay me some cash ill do the leg work for you.

igtree
no i paid directly from my bank.. i guess i could try and see if they could do anything

2002XLT
no i paid directly from my bank.. i guess i could try and see if they could do anything

With a debit card right, through paypal? E-check?

snoopdan
02-06-2008, 04:26 PM

so this means you paid via a money order or bank check? even more ******* stupid.

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:26 PM
hes in cali and i would love to beat any scammers down.. im doin everything possible as of right now.. i mean i jsut found out that i bought a $345 brick a little over an hour ago

Johnny Drama
02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Ok, just a thought...

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:28 PM
so this means you paid via a money order or bank check? even more ******* stupid.

no its set up through my debit card but withdrawed dricetly from my checking account

cheapo
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
I actually PM'd him about it, that ***** man.

igtree
Ok, just a thought...

plain brown box with like styrofoam (sp?) **** from a box

igtree
I actually PM'd him about it, that ***** man.

so you know him????

snoopdan
02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Its a very nice looking brick, if that makes you feel any bettter :confused:

Post the peice of ****'s name and address on here, so that when someone does a google search it will parse this thread and be listed in google's general search.

Just do a google search on "jnoel scammer" and see what you find. This was a scammer that got me for $250, now his name comes up on google searches.

just look - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jnoel+scammer

I win.

Johnny Drama
02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
plain brown box with like styrofoam (sp?) **** from a box

Did the plain brown box look like it had been retaped?

jeeper07
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
i see where ur goin jntar. only problem with that is the weight of the package needs to be double checked with the label

Rookie_80
02-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Ouch - that's one expensive brick though.

Back to the topic. i'm pretty sure you have the transfer info from your bank.

And if its not some shi**y bank - you shud be able to get your money back.

just keep the box and of course the BRICK that u got.

and i doubt police would do anything in your case.

Johnny Drama
i see where ur goin jntar. only problem with that is the weight of the package needs to be double checked with the label

Yep yep...

igtree
name on the box is christian garlin addy is 11218 samoline ave downey ca 90241. phone # 562 908 0869 but its probably all fake

crunktimes.com
no its set up through my debit card but withdrawed dricetly from my checking account

You can fight this, I have done it and won on several occasions.. Call your bank tell them what happened and they will refund you. They will also send you a letter you need to sign and return verifying the story.

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Ouch - that's one expensive brick though.

Back to the topic. i'm pretty sure you have the transfer info from your bank.

And if its not some shi**y bank - you shud be able to get your money back.

just keep the box and of course the BRICK that u got.

and i doubt police would do anything in your case.

so your sayin try and go through the bank to get my monies back

cheapo
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
so you know him????

No, just interested.

2002XLT
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Dude, just do a chargeback. /thread.

Johnny Drama
02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Ok Im out...Good luck with your money. Jeeper, if you feel like explaining it to him go for it. I have work to do and cant wait around to help out.

Rookie_80
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
so your sayin try and go through the bank to get my monies back

im not sayin try-im sayin do it.

just curious-which bank is it?

But again it shudnt matter- as long as you have the whole transfer info and some evidence to show - you shud be able to get your money back.

Usually in these cases, Banks, Credit Cards give u full refund and start their investigation. Now, if in the end of their investigation - they find out it was your fault-they claim the money back.

jeeper07
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
ok igtree i would double check the weight on the label and the weight of the box currently. It could have been stolen in shipping just something to check to make sure.

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
ok igtree i would double check the weight on the label and the weight of the box currently. It could have been stolen in shipping just something to check to make sure.

already did that the weight on the box and trackin info match...

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
popo jsut told me that my bank and/or paypal should carry insurance one all transactions so i should get my monies back he also told me that they will contact so cal popo

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:44 PM
im not sayin try-im sayin do it.

just curious-which bank is it?

But again it shudnt matter- as long as you have the whole transfer info and some evidence to show - you shud be able to get your money back.

Usually in these cases, Banks, Credit Cards give u full refund and start their investigation. Now, if in the end of their investigation - they find out it was your fault-they claim the money back.

its a local credit union WGE federal credit union

2002XLT
02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
paypal isnt going to do sht. Call your bank, and do a chargeback. Thats the only way your going to get money back. good luck.

jeeper07
02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
already did that the weight on the box and trackin info match...

but does the weightn ow match the weight on the label... someone could have opend box taken ps3 put in brick.

igtree
02-06-2008, 04:47 PM
no its correct..

igtree
baller hasnt been on since one day after the transaction

Rookie_80
but does the weightn ow match the weight on the label... someone could have opend box taken ps3 put in brick.

yeah check that

Rookie_80
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
paypal isnt going to do sht. Call your bank, and do a chargeback. Thats the only way your going to get money back. good luck.

agree. paypal isnt gon do anything.

I filed a claim few weeks back and even called them - nothing.

jeeper07
02-06-2008, 04:50 PM
you should be able to get his real info from paypal or one of the guys that did a transaction with him before

igtree
02-06-2008, 05:00 PM
bank is sayin even though my pp account is set up vis debit card thats not how the transaction processed???? is was basically an e-check even though it was witdrawled directly from my checking.... so fvck

snoopdan
02-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Your bank will do a chargeback, and you'll still not get ****. Guaranteed.

In fact, paypal will put a negative balance on your account for the chargeback amount if you have no money in your account.

igtree
02-06-2008, 05:02 PM
can i get his IP addy so if i need it for the popo

igtree
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
0k im going to my bank now becasue the lady i spoke with is a fvckin teller and knows nothing about a charge back

snoopdan
02-06-2008, 05:10 PM
:shakes head:

I just told you that your bank can do a chargeback to paypal, but paypal will put YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT INTO A NEGATIVE BALANCE for the amount of the chargeback :rolleyes:

TheFiverMan
02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
update?

1 Hugh Jass
02-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, it looks like he got me, too. I paid him $345.00 on 1/31 and he has disappeared. I checked his refs and was told he was legit. I have already filed a dispute with PayPal so I guess I need to escalate it to a claim. I paid with a credit card so I will contact them next.

jeeper07
02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
**** that dude just made 700 for free... ihope something gets done about that

mikey7182
02-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Well, it looks like he got me, too. I paid him $345.00 on 1/31 and he has disappeared. I checked his refs and was told he was legit. I have already filed a dispute with PayPal so I guess I need to escalate it to a claim. I paid with a credit card so I will contact them next.

You bought the same PS3?? Did you get Another Brick in the Wa... I mean, Mail? :D This guy sounds like a douche supreme...

aesoj
02-06-2008, 08:17 PM

Well, YOU'RE cool no matter what -since you used an actual credit card. Simply escalate that dispute to a claim and sit tight until they rule in your favor. After you get the "we ruled in your favor but unfortunately the seller didn't have any funds...we will keep pursuing the matter" type response from them, THEN call your credit card company up and dispute the charge. Since Paypal already ruled in your favor, they should credit the amount back to your account pretty quickly. Of course, if you don't want to wait, you can call your cc company NOW. If you do that though, Paypal MIGHT get mad (for not going through them first) and cancel your account (with them). Also, keep an eye for anything that might arrive in the mail and be prepared to deny the delivery so that he can't claim that it got to you.

....and actually, this will help 'igtree'. Being that there was only ONE system available, the fact that he sold it (atleast) twice proves that he is in fact a scammer.

To igtree. How was the package shipped (ups, usps, dhl, etc.)? If it was through the postal service, you have a mail fraud case and they WILL investigate. Also, what I would do is go get a ps3 at a place that takes refunds without restocking fees (maybe Walmart?) and weigh it up. If you can show that the weight is different then what is printed on the label, it will only help your case. Finally, get in touch with the two guys that he listed as his refs. and see what information they have on him. Good luck.

-Jose

1 Hugh Jass
02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
You bought the same PS3?? Did you get Another Brick in the Wa... I mean, Mail? :D This guy sounds like a douche supreme...

I haven't got anything yet, but I'm sure it's on the way. I'm on the phone with my credit card company right now.

igtree
02-06-2008, 08:23 PM
bank wont do charge back anyway because my payment was acc certified... hugh maybe we can put our claims together some how and they will take some serious action... i talked to a pp rep and she gave me a fax number for me to send in a statement and th police report i had made and they also gave me a number for the police dpt. to call to get his information that he used to create his pp account... ill pm you the numbers later tonight and keep you informed on what helps me and whats a dead end... my uncle told of a despiute he had once and said something about filing a claim with squaretrade.com.... lemme know cause i wanna get this douch bag *** dumpster

1 Hugh Jass
02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Just got off the phone with them and I filed a claim. They asked if I wanted to wait until it showed up and then file, but I said no. I told them that if it does show up, I will gladly return it to the sender. They said it will probably take 1-2 billing cycles for the charges to be reversed, but they will definitely be reversed.
The credit card I used was a PayPal Plus credit card, so I don't see PayPal having an issue with my claim.
I will also be contacting the local police and talking to them. I'm out of town, but will be home tomorrow and I will call them as soon as I get in.

1 Hugh Jass
02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
bank wont do charge back anyway because my payment was acc certified... hugh maybe we can put our claims together some how and they will take some serious action... i talked to a pp rep and she gave me a fax number for me to send in a statement and th police report i had made and they also gave me a number for the police dpt. to call to get his information that he used to create his pp account... ill pm you the numbers later tonight and keep you informed on what helps me and whats a dead end... my uncle told of a despiute he had once and said something about filing a claim with squaretrade.com.... lemme know cause i wanna get this douch bag *** dumpster

Yeah, I'll totally work with you and give you any info I can. I saved all of the PM's from him, too.

aesoj
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Just got off the phone with them and I filed a claim. They asked if I wanted to wait until it showed up and then file, but I said no. I told them that if it does show up, I will gladly return it to the sender. They said it will probably take 1-2 billing cycles for the charges to be reversed, but they will definitely be reversed.
The credit card I used was a PayPal Plus credit card, so I don't see PayPal having an issue with my claim.
I will also be contacting the local police and talking to them. I'm out of town, but will be home tomorrow and I will call them as soon as I get in.

Yep, you should be good then :)

-Jose

igtree
02-06-2008, 08:29 PM
cool im calling paypal again tonight and gonna see if this weighs any on my situation... hope you can gt your refund fast and easy it sounds like it... gl

igtree
02-06-2008, 08:30 PM
ive got all my pms aswell

igtree
02-07-2008, 11:49 AM
i done a ebay search for 1baller and found an exact match for user in cali... he has a positive feed back of 68 with 2 negative in the last 12 months... im gonna start mailing his buyers/sllers and tell them what a crook he is

1 Hugh Jass
02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
i done a ebay search for 1baller and found an exact match for user in cali... he has a positive feed back of 68 with 2 negative in the last 12 months... im gonna start mailing his buyers/sllers and tell them what a crook he is

Yeah, I looked that up before I sent him payment and I thought he would be alright.

R05Nismo
02-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Just reading this pisses me off!! I swear if anyone sent me a brick I would hunt them no matter how much time and money it took me. It would be worth the satisfaction in the end.

ChuteBoxe515
02-10-2008, 02:09 AM
updates?

igtree
02-10-2008, 04:31 AM
its a work in progress