PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Rev's installed.....power question

snowboardracer
02-05-2008, 08:02 PM
I just installed a set of Pioneer Rev's (6x8) coaxials in my rear deck. I'm waiting to install the front two when I make my required spacer -- these things are deep!

They sound GREAT! When I fade and balance all the sound from my stock HU (18x4 with ford Mach amp), the bass is TREMENDOUS coming from the one rear speaker. When it is faded all the way to both back speakers, the bass disappears. If it is balanced all left (or right), the REV in the back sounds great with good bass, the front speaker (infinity reference) sounds decent as well.

Would the REVs sound that good x4 if I amped them? Or do they just need broken in? Am I correct in assuming that putting all the sound to one speaker is giving the speaker the entire wattage my Mach amp can output (60~80 watts)?

If so, if I should amp them, they are 60 rms each. Any suggestion for a great amp? Would the JL 300/4 @ 75x4 be too much? Thanks!

ls2poweredgoat
02-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Amp them!

BEAVER.989
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Am I correct in assuming that putting all the sound to one speaker is giving the speaker the entire wattage my Mach amp can output (60~80 watts)?

No. But you should amp them.

99StangGt
02-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Check and make sure the phase is correct . If wrong the bass is lost when running the balance in the middle and comes back when balance turned to the right or left.

snowboardracer
02-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Thank you so much! The speakers were out of phase. I can't believe i had them wired up wrong...ugh. They sound AMAZING now! I can't wait to get my spacers done to put in the fronts.

audioinsanity
02-08-2008, 12:35 PM
fading and balancing is not giving all the power to one speaker its taking it away from the others. i belive you have one of the rears out of phase (pos and neg backwards) recheck your wireing.
ps. any speaker sounds better with a good amp powering them

edit: missed the post above me

LaserRed38
02-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Do you have a Mustang? If so...why did you even get rear speakers?