PDA

View Full Version : Give me opinions on the kenwood DNX-7100

Firmbiz94
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
IM now stuck between the pioneer avic-d3 and this kenwood nav unit..i like that the kenwood has the 7 inch screen but the pioneer seems to be more tried and true.. I like that the kenwood uses its HD for nav and uses no map disc...my only thing is i dont know if the DVD can be overridden..i know with the pioneer you can just ground the parkin wire.. oes anyon has any exp. withi this Nav..and how does it compare to the pioneer

lashlee
02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I have yet to play with the d3, but I have a 6019/g510 combo. I've used some of the older pioneer units, and feel that the 7100 is much easier to manipulate. As far as the dvd bypass, all you have to do is ground the parking brake wire, and they do not use any vss wire. Also, the SD card update seems to be a little easier to use.

Firmbiz94
02-05-2008, 10:53 PM
yea i think im gonna go with the kenwod over the pioneer bc to me the inch difference is pretty big.. i just wanted to make sure that you could bypass the kenwood like the pioneer or i would be pissed.. anyone else have exp with these.

spudracer326
02-05-2008, 10:58 PM
fwiw......you cant bypass the pio by just grounding the parking brake wire...it is a bit more involved then that.....it has a built in gyroscope...and a couple other things.....you have to actually pull and move pins in the harness to bypass....

edit and i wood take the kenwood over the pioneer...navigation is much better as well as the video ipod interface

Firmbiz94
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
yea i think that is the way to go..i had read somewhere in a forum that you couldnt bypass the enwood but i guess that was BS..i thikn thats the way im gonna go