PDA

View Full Version : Soundstage doesnt sound right...Move tweeters?

JeffM
02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I have a set of MTX components, with the tweeters mounted on the dash facing the windshield. After listening to the system for 2 months, Ive noticed a couple problems. At low volumes, the mids cannot be heard, and the sound is coming only from the dash, but at high volumes this isn't a problem. Also, from the drivers seat, I can hear the drivers side tweeter more then the passenger side, and it makes the sound as if its coming more from the left. From the passenger seat, the drivers side mid and tweeter can barely be heard. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

tcguy85
02-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a set of MTX components, with the tweeters mounted on the dash facing the windshield. After listening to the system for 2 months, Ive noticed a couple problems. At low volumes, the mids cannot be heard, and the sound is coming only from the dash, but at high volumes this isn't a problem. Also, from the drivers seat, I can hear the drivers side tweeter more then the passenger side, and it makes the sound as if its coming more from the left. From the passenger seat, the drivers side mid and tweeter can barely be heard. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

level matching and T/A will help.

it's running passive i'm going to guess. which means it's a little hard to level match each driver. with the drivers so far apart t/a will also be a problem.