PDA

View Full Version : HU power problems

ArrizX
02-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Ok, today I got a cheap-o Durabrand HU jsut to stick something back in the old pathfinder after taking out my Alpine. Anyways, hooking it up and I get it all going good. I put it back in the dash, turn off the car.

I try to turn it on to make sure it works again... I get power and no Sound. Okay. Well, I undo all the wires, make sure nothing shorted etc etc. I wire them all back up and its working again. I call it good. Throw it back in the dash, do the same thing. Turn it off, then turn it back on. No sound.

I do it all for a third time just for shits and giggles, and the pattern keeps repeating itsself.

What the hell do I do

KaeZoo
02-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Sounds like you're probably pinching a speaker wire when you're mounting it into the dash. One grounded speaker wire will kill the sound to all the speakers. Check the speaker wiring for pinched spots or damage, insulate any bare wires, and bundle the harness and make sure it's out of the way when you push the radio into the dash.

ArrizX
02-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Even leaving it out of the dash now (did it twice more), still does it.

I undo all the speaker wires, then connect them again and it works fine. Turn off power (i mean tis is literally with out moving the deck at all) and turn it back on, then no sound what so ever.

I am thinking its very possible its a deck problem because its so cheap. I figured it would do just to fill a hole, but it cant even do that!

Anything else I can try to do?