PDA

View Full Version : Would a different box make my 12 hit harder? (or sound better?

ExtremeODD
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Well I currently running an eclipse 8812 dvc woofer, rated at 500rms, giving it 600. Its in a box that is 30widex15tallx 13.25 deep, 35hz filled with poly. Would say upping my box size or changing the tuning (new box obviously) make the sub sound any better. I do get some tinsel slap at full tilt but with a sub that has 1.5in one way excursion its hard to avoid.

Size really isnt an issue since I am now in a station wagon, I just want to get the most out of the woofer without buying new stuff (I would LOVE to get 2-3 of these, but they are IMPOSSIBLE to locate anymore)

cocoleveo7686
02-01-2008, 02:31 PM
you have a ported box, and your using polyfill? umm i dont think you should do that

ExtremeODD
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
you have a ported box, and your using polyfill? umm i dont think you should do that

Why not, It was recommended when I first set this up (a few years back, still going strong) It seems to make a difference but if there are problems with it its quite easy to remove.

lostdaytomorrow
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Why not, It was recommended when I first set this up (a few years back, still going strong) It seems to make a difference but if there are problems with it its quite easy to remove.
There's no problem with it if you're using it for the right reasons.

BrianChia
02-01-2008, 03:46 PM
What do you want buy asking if it will sound better? Louder? Lower? Tighter?

ExtremeODD
02-02-2008, 12:18 AM
A bit louder since it handles full volume with no clipping even remotely, however I have a feeling that it wont be possible for me to get much more out of this. Its plenty tight and lows do leave something to be desired, however it IS a 12 so lows wont be its specialty