PDA

View Full Version : PG Components or Infinity Reference

Ken448
01-31-2008, 12:18 AM
I am looking for opinions hopefully from someone that has heard both sets. And I realize the PG RSD65cs are the forum boner, but I am going to be buying one or the other soon. Only place I have heard the Infinity (6020cs) is Best Buy and they were compared to what I initially wanted (Alpine SPR 17s) For my ears, the iNfinity was a better sounding system and they were both running off "my" radio Alpine 9885, granted they were not through an amp. BUT enough with the Alpines, I LIKE the Infinity sound, and was wondering if the PG compares to them. The reviews I have read on the PG are well.... outstanding, and the Infinity are so-so with many say they are lacking midbass. These will be ran passive through a Kicker 550.3 amp if that helps (85rms per side) What I like about the infinity is they are 2ohm setup so they will push the amp a tad harder..

tcguy85
01-31-2008, 01:50 AM
infinity's are always harsh and lack mid-bass.

dillinja666
01-31-2008, 01:52 AM
ive ran the pg's, infinity referance and infinity kappa perfects before. the pg's hands down sound better to me. cleaner and more bottom end. The kappa's were very bright sounding, had to tune down the tweeters, the referance just sound grainy and nasty to me now after the pg's.. my .02 cents

tcguy85
01-31-2008, 01:57 AM
i to have used the kappa perfects. i hated them. absolute junk. sounded extremely harsh and had no mid-bass at all. i could move the crossover anywhere from completely off, up to 100hz and i couldn't tell a difference. they had no output at all below 100hz or so.

i have the pg's and a like them a lot. i even have them running active now. they are handling it quite well and sound even better.