PDA

View Full Version : what is the Diff Between Comp & Coaxial ???

night_mirage
01-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Guys, I want a reasonable answer?

Why all of u used to install a Component? Why bothering to locate a tweeter and thinking about passive or Active?

I Installed Both of them and found the Coaxial is better <pioneer REV> ...

So if there is a good Reason i don't know about it plz let me Know >>

I am thinking about HERTZ MLK but there is NO Coaxial's ... Do u Advice me 2 go for Comp ? WHY is it Better ?

brandontw
01-31-2008, 03:45 AM
First of all, the pioneer rev seiries are some of the best coaxials in the lower end price range, if you compared them to a sub-par component set, then its apples and oranges.

I believe one of the advantages to a component setup, is that each speaker is independently designed, but to work together, so you midrange will not have to deal with a tweeter poking though the center of it, and your tweeter will be less limited my the design restrains of having to mount it permanently on the speaker. So the result is usually two better performing separates, rather than one set of two compromised parts of a whole.

Another advantage is the imaging beneits, to create a more convincing and correct listening stage, the tweeter can be placed a distance away from the mid, closer to the listerner's level, whil the mid can stay down out of the way because it is less directional. There are other people that can inform you to no end about proper imaging and tweeter placement.

i agree that coaxials are much more convienient, but a proper component setup is much more rewarding in the long run.

Sheetal K
02-04-2008, 11:48 PM
check here: http://acousticsforyou.com/what_is/2007/11/speaker.html