PDA

View Full Version : The re box planner

MyFartsStink
01-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Ive noticed there is nowhere on this thing you can count for sub or brace displacement. Im making a new box for my sub and want to know if I should add the subs volume into the over all volume. Any help would be appreciated.

BuckyBoy
01-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Ive noticed there is nowhere on this thing you can count for sub or brace displacement. Im making a new box for my sub and want to know if I should add the subs volume into the over all volume. Any help would be appreciated.
Figure out your sub and bracing displacement and then subtract that from the volume the RE Calculator shows.
That will be your Net Volume.
You will have to get a program like WinISD in order to figure out how long the port should be with the new volume, because the RE Calc won't let you adjust it.

MyFartsStink
01-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Figure out your sub and bracing displacement and then subtract that from the volume the RE Calculator shows.
That will be your Net Volume.
You will have to get a program like WinISD in order to figure out how long the port should be with the new volume, because the RE Calc won't let you adjust it.

I downloaded this winisd, but I have to make a new driver, but I dont know the specs, and re dont have them posted nether.

MyFartsStink
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
So now Im guessing im going to add the displacement to the overall volume

MyFartsStink
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
bumpp someone please help im getting tired and i need to plan this out before I go to bed

BuckyBoy
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
I downloaded this winisd, but I have to make a new driver, but I dont know the specs, and re dont have them posted nether.
Just use any sub, it doesn't matter.
Put in your volume and tuning and then go set up your port.
Put in the width and height of the slot port and be sure it's for a slot port, not a round port.
Then, it will give you the port length you need.

MyFartsStink
01-29-2008, 11:50 PM
thanks man this really helped alot. And in the end the long port would also help brace the box.

MyFartsStink
01-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Anyone think that 3.4 cu ft would be enough for the 15 re mt?