PDA

View Full Version : 2-Ohm Components

BleuGT
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi all. I have a 2003 Infiniti G35 with the Bose stereo system. I just recently found out that the front components aren't Bose. They're just factory speakers (not that the Bose are THAT much better). For the time being, I would like to replace them with some aftermarket components. I was considering either the Infinity Kappa 60.7cs or the Kenwood KFC-x1710p. They will have to be 2ohm speakers as I will be running these off the stock Bose amp. Any opinions on these speakers?

A buddy of mine has some Rainbow components that sound really good, but I can't find any dealers and I'm not sure if they have 2ohm components. I've also heard good reviews on MB Quarts, Focal & RE Audio. I came across some Orion 2-ohm components (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Orion-HCCA-6-5-ME-2-ohm-w-ADS-xo-GONZO-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ150210316223QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32819 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQ cmdZViewItem) on ebay. I don't want to waste my money on cheapies if i can get much better ones for a little more. I would like to upgrade the whole system down the road, but that might be a while.

Do you guys have any recommendations on a good pair of components that are 2ohm or on any listed above?

Thanks a ton!
-Tyson

R/T Pimp
01-28-2008, 10:40 PM
RE XXX components are 2 ohm, and Powerbass components are 3 ohm. I have hooked up the Powerbass 2xl components to several factory bose set ups and did great.

UCF52
01-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Technically they won't have to be 2 ohm; The stock amp is just stable down to 2 ohms. Do you have any idea how much power you have to work with? Also, what is your budget?

duece212
01-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I think ID makes some 2ohm components

BleuGT
01-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Technically they won't have to be 2 ohm; The stock amp is just stable down to 2 ohms. Do you have any idea how much power you have to work with? Also, what is your budget?I've actually been trying to find out what the power output is but I've had no luck. From the sounds of it though the amp is the weakest part of the "Bose" system.:(
I'm trying to stay <$200. Maybe $250 at the very most.

I think ID makes some 2ohm components
Oh ya, forgot to list those. Kinda pricey though.

-Tyson

stuckinok
01-28-2008, 11:25 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Orion-HCCA-6-5-ME-2-ohm-w-ADS-xo-GONZO-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ310017964773QQihZ021QQcategoryZ32819 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

UCF52
01-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Have you thought about throwing in a small 2 channel?

BleuGT
01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Have you thought about throwing in a small 2 channel?Ya, I actually plan on putting in a 4ch amp. Maybe I should just wait on the components until I do...swap everything out at once. I already have a sub/amp.

^^^That Orion component set looks nice that STUCKINOK posted. Thats the 3rd person that has recommended those. I cant find much information on them, especially the Gonzo tweeters. Anyone care to chime in on these?

UCF52 - Did you ever get your Double Din installed? I am planning on getting one but still don't know which one to go with. Which one did you decide on?

-Tyson

frzninvt
01-29-2008, 02:30 PM
The woofer and networks are top notch they are from the old Orion/ADST (pre-DEI) company and will sound fantastic. The tweeters are something that Patrick at therobotunderground came up with or sourced. The a/d/s network has been modified to run the 2 ohm midbass driver by unwinding one of the inductance coils some.

The HCCA component set sold for big dollars ($600 - $800) when they were a current model. Very competent component set for a fair price. You could always add some nice a/d/s PX tweeters later if the Gonzo's don't cut it for you. The tweeters are 4 ohm anyway it's only the mid-driver that has a 2 ohm impedance.

I am thinking about picking up a pair of his 4 ohm Millenium Edition mid bass speakers since juicyrobot is currently offering free shipping.

MSW Danny
01-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I would suggest getting a new amp to run your new comps since you are unsure what power your stock amp pushes out

UCF52
01-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Ya, I actually plan on putting in a 4ch amp. Maybe I should just wait on the components until I do...swap everything out at once. I already have a sub/amp.

I would just wait if I was you.

UCF52 - Did you ever get your Double Din installed? I am planning on getting one but still don't know which one to go with. Which one did you decide on?

-Tyson

I never did. The deal on the car fell through so, I am back to square one. I actually just started looking for a new car yesterday. I found a pretty good deal on an '04 6sp sedan, but between school and work it has been hard to find the time to follow up.

The thread I started over at DIYMA has come back to life, most of it regarding the new 08 stuff, you might want to check it out.