PDA

View Full Version : 2008 meca rules. DRIVE BY SPL is now park and bump

vehementSPL
01-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Or so I call it. Now for drive by spl per 2008 rules. You drive up to the line. park the vehicle and you may not be in the vehicle during the run . what is everybody's input on this

Propimp
01-28-2008, 03:38 PM
gey..... its called drive by for a reason. :)

btdickey99
01-28-2008, 03:39 PM
drive by and you cant be inside the vehicle.......

hmmmm, doesnt make much sense, but most rules dont

hoxie08
01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
thats pretty gay

vehementSPL
01-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah I wonder if i am the first to notice this. nobody seem to have posted even on the meca forum about it

Skip01
01-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I think that "you cant be in vehicle" has always been a rule just not really enforced

vehementSPL
01-31-2008, 03:11 AM
I think that "you cant be in vehicle" has always been a rule just not really enforced

2007 rule says
"ONLY the owner /member or support team member may sit in the vehicle during the pass and must sit it and operate the system from the driver seat". So not even close actually the complete opposite which *****

snoopdan
01-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Rule is in disscusion (sorta) on the MECA forum.

As of right now, you pull up to the mic....you get out....and you do your music "run" for 30 seconds and you get an average SPL score of that time allotment.

It really shouldnt be called drive by anymore, but im sure it will stick for now. I think this whole thing stemmed from people getting run over entirely or getting their feet run over during people's runs. The modification to the rules was a "tweak" as far as MECA is concerned for saftey reasons.

allthough, no rules were supposed to be changed for 3 years since they banned the Maxi fuses last year.... but whatever.

There is has been a moderate backlash to the rule / operational change with some people & teams quitting MECA alltogether. Similar happened when the MAXI rule went into effect.

NeverEnuffBass
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Rule is in disscusion (sorta) on the MECA forum.

As of right now, you pull up to the mic....you get out....and you do your music "run" for 30 seconds and you get an average SPL score of that time allotment.

It really shouldnt be called drive by anymore, but im sure it will stick for now. I think this whole thing stemmed from people getting run over entirely or getting their feet run over during people's runs. The modification to the rules was a "tweak" as far as MECA is concerned for saftey reasons.

allthough, no rules were supposed to be changed for 3 years since they banned the Maxi fuses last year.... but whatever.

There is has been a moderate backlash to the rule / operational change with some people & teams quitting MECA alltogether. Similar happened when the MAXI rule went into effect.

Cause ******* onlookers always gotta have their face glued to the cars as they play music. Should just be no one allowed within 10ft of the car.

15nissen
01-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Cause ******* onlookers always gotta have their face glued to the cars as they play music. Should just be no one allowed within 10ft of the car.

agreed. This rule does not bother me. If anything scores are just going to go up. No one is going to have to fly up to their sweet spot, you do not have to worry about going to far, past mic etc....... All around safer. Racing that 4 feet forward really is not that exciting either.

Skip01
01-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Why not just rope the area off and still do the parking of vehicle....i dont like the getting out part if i were to compete in MECA

lilmaniac2
01-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Meca ftw again, Making more gay rules to cut down the competition, should be like dbdrag and actually market there product

tommyk90
01-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, I made my opinion abundantly clear on the meca forums.

This is gayer than richard simmons in a rainbow outfit singing "It's raining men".

There were so many better ways to get around this than turning it into a park-n-burp fest, but I guess they'd just rather lose some more veteran competitors than think logically about things.

yunvme666
01-31-2008, 11:15 PM
park-n-burp thats too funny......lol....

snoopdan
02-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Things got real nasty on the MECA fourms, they banned TypeRBass.....did they ban you too tommy ? :confused:

I see that you got nasty with the Sq guys :laugh:

SilverSquared
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
That blows infected goats.

tommyk90
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Things got real nasty on the MECA fourms, they banned TypeRBass.....did they ban you too tommy ? :confused:

I see that you got nasty with the Sq guys :laugh:

No, i'm still there.

Probably because I have a paid membership through july. :laugh:

I hate it when the SQ guys try to shove their nose into places it doesn't belong.

They don't let SPL guys make up ridiculous rules for SQ.

vehementSPL
02-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Ahhh crap I better check to see if I am banned to. i added a nice long response for you over there tommy. why did they even ban type R bass? hey didn't really say crap ... not sure if he is banned just what snoop dan said

Abel
02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Ahhh crap I better check to see if I am banned to. i added a nice long response for you over there tommy. why did they even ban type R bass? hey didn't really say crap ... not sure if he is banned just what snoop dan said

Yes he was ip banned. It was because he gave his feelings on the subject without having an up to date membership. Steve Stern is going to lose greatly for this mistake. Nomatter how many times he says says that MECA is growing, truth is its dieing. MECA will soon join SLAP in my opinion. I dont think that Steve understands that most competitors in MECA are spl and they are the ones he is driving away, so in the end all that will be left is SQ, wich maybe then he will be happy.

snoopdan
02-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I dont even know what to say about it really :crap:

Out of the number of things I thought meca should change, this definately wasnt even in my top 50 :laugh:

I guess when I compete in driveby (which I really dont do all that often anyways) i'll just drag my head unit out and do my 30 second run. BOOORRRRING.. :crap:

Abel
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I dont even know what to say about it really :crap:

Out of the number of things I thought meca should change, this definately wasnt even in my top 50 :laugh:

I guess when I compete in driveby (which I really dont do all that often anyways) i'll just drag my head unit out and do my 30 second run. BOOORRRRING.. :crap:

Well last year all i cared about was driveby, cause i got to run my daily setup and have alote of fun. Now this is taking away the only thing i enjoy at shows.

snoopdan
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
whats worse is that the people that I know whom complain the most about changes like this, havent even posted in that thread yet. :laugh:

I cant say id blame anyone for not participating though. I dont have much choice since there is no dbdrag nor USACi in my area, so my team mates and I will grin and bear it.

Abel
02-01-2008, 04:04 PM
whats worse is that the people that I know whom complain the most about changes like this, havent even posted in that thread yet. :laugh:

I cant say id blame anyone for not participating though. I dont have much choice since there is no dbdrag nor USACi in my area, so my team mates and I will grin and bear it.

Well in all honesty im thinking about canceling my next setup anddroping MECA. I just cant stand the rule changes every year. I just hate the fact that i spend so much time and money into competing and it means nothing to Stern because im not SQ.

vehementSPL
02-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah I tried to be unbiased on my opinions. but I personally think I had some great opinions and ideas over there. i am honestly surprised he hasn't banned my post yet. oh well. I have always loved meca I just think this is just totally crazy

tommyk90
02-01-2008, 08:37 PM

I was going to post something of that sort (i'll do db drag, bassrace, etc.), but I refrained.

Probably because they'll say "good riddance" and "people will take your place", when in fact, nobody will. :laugh:

They've been saying that for 3 years and guess what, every year the competitions get smaller and smaller.

vehementSPL
02-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I was going to post something of that sort (i'll do db drag, bassrace, etc.), but I refrained.

Probably because they'll say "good riddance" and "people will take your place", when in fact, nobody will. :laugh:

They've been saying that for 3 years and guess what, every year the competitions get smaller and smaller.

Yeah. They went with the approach like they would their kids. If you don't like it get over it.... one problem. Your kids are pretty well stuck. competitors aren't. I understand they try to better the organization. But letting a few people extend their personal beliefs into rules doesn't mean the majority of the people will like it. Should take more of a vote. I like hot pockets you may not. you may like sushi and I strongly dislike it. What would it be like if there were just a few people deciding what can be eaten. A lot of people would be pretty upset. In a business aspect it is the same mistake most small business owners make. They try to sale/do things with the company that they personally would like. That is the biggest small business killer. Find out what the consumer wants. That is what make business grows. If you hate cats.... And I have a pet store that just sells cats am I going to get your business.... Now if I sell cats and dogs etc I might. This is basic business ethics that I think are being overlooked

snoopdan
02-02-2008, 04:34 PM
This is the same sort of shitstorm that happened with the MAXI fuses too. Actually let me take that back, it was much worse :crap:

Im not really complaining since I never liked drive-by all that much to begin with. While I dont think it will drive down membership any or effect it at all, its sort of a bummer to drain a little more fun out of it all.

What I do think is hurting MECA is that they have little or no advertisment to the masses. Ive told Steve as well as many R&E committee members this for years but its fallen of deaf ears every time. Here is a good example - Carl Casper. Not one mention on Carl Casper flyers or their website about MECA or the Loudest of Louisville event. However they do mention in their radio ads a "crank it up contest" .... WTF? Crank it up contests are for retards, this is a professional competition on saturday!

Its a 3x event, not a stupid *** "crank it up contest". :mad:

JimJ
02-02-2008, 04:36 PM
They're going for the Deephitters demographic :laugh:

You cheerleader you.

:D

snoopdan
02-02-2008, 04:37 PM
They're going for the Deephitters demographic :laugh:

You cheerleader you.

:D

:spank: I keeel you jimmy!

captaincheesey
02-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Well, I made my opinion abundantly clear on the meca forums.

This is gayer than richard simmons in a rainbow outfit singing "It's raining men".

There were so many better ways to get around this than turning it into a park-n-burp fest, but I guess they'd just rather lose some more veteran competitors than think logically about things.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/captaincheesey/7.jpg

What you said made me think of this.

But yeah, I was planning on doing MECA this next season, and now it is looking less and less appealing.

vehementSPL
02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
This is the same sort of shitstorm that happened with the MAXI fuses too. Actually let me take that back, it was much worse :crap:

Im not really complaining since I never liked drive-by all that much to begin with. While I dont think it will drive down membership any or effect it at all, its sort of a bummer to drain a little more fun out of it all.

What I do think is hurting MECA is that they have little or no advertisment to the masses. Ive told Steve as well as many R&E committee members this for years but its fallen of deaf ears every time. Here is a good example - Carl Casper. Not one mention on Carl Casper flyers or their website about MECA or the Loudest of Louisville event. However they do mention in their radio ads a "crank it up contest" .... WTF? Crank it up contests are for retards, this is a professional competition on saturday!

Its a 3x event, not a stupid *** "crank it up contest". :mad:
Yes I would agree with advertising. But the more fun you take out of the sport the fewer people will spend with meca. For me as we as others it is not worth spending all that money just to be bored and get a trophy. I go solely for the fun. While I am there I would like to win. But it use to be so much more fun back in the day. Stereo comps were about having fun. Getting in your stuff showing everybody your system etc. Anymore most comps won't let you demo. I think lack of fun is what is killing the sport IMO

vehementSPL
02-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Uh oh. everybody keep an eye on the post over there I found out something interesting. Should be posted today hopefully. I talked to somebody on R & E and found out something very interesting... just keep an eye on the board I can't say

tommyk90
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Uh oh. everybody keep an eye on the post over there I found out something interesting. Should be posted today hopefully. I talked to somebody on R & E and found out something very interesting... just keep an eye on the board I can't say

Don't do **** like that to me.

PM me if you must, I'm not going to be around all day to check the boards.

lilmaniac2
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
hhehe they banned typerbass, but im still around on there, quite funny

patrick1202
02-03-2008, 03:09 PM
you should just ghost ride the whip in drive-by!!! lol

Abel
02-03-2008, 03:10 PM
So when is this post going to happen?

vehementSPL
02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
PMed tommy

vehementSPL
02-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Ehhh I talked to them and now they told me not sure how to handle it so maybe no post so forget I said anything. Sorry guys. At first they said they were going to post. so no decision so disregard sorry guys

vehementSPL
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
hhehe they banned typerbass, but im still around on there, quite funny

I am not a member either and I created a hell of a swirl over there. But I was going to compete modex 2 this year

vehementSPL
02-03-2008, 05:39 PM
"I am ok with the rule I guess. I just don't like how it is being handled. And banning Joe while letting other nonmembers voice their opinion? Where's the logic in that! I am very disappointed. I don't agree with how Steve handled this nor how MY competitors are conducting themselves on here. Threatening to leave?
But I am the one who looks like an idiot not even knowing about this rule change. For the record I had nothing to do with any of this and just found out about it yesterday when it was brought to my attention by Chris."

This was posted by ken from SPL R &E. He wasn't even aware of it so what does that say..... I personally smell something fishy

80INCHES
02-03-2008, 05:54 PM
drive by and you cant be inside the vehicle.......

hmmmm, doesnt make much sense, but most rules dont

its call ghost riding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPJTK1YBvs

snoopdan
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM
man **** got nasty over there. Lots of implications to Ken's post. I dont know what to make of it :crap:

vehementSPL
02-04-2008, 01:15 AM
man **** got nasty over there. Lots of implications to Ken's post. I dont know what to make of it :crap:

Yeah I have to admit... I mean before it was a slight concern when i had a bunch of SQ guys making the rule. Now I find out one of the spl guys on R & E wasn't even asked to vote on the rule change. Makes me wonder if there is corruption in the ranks over there .......

snoopdan
02-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah I have to admit... I mean before it was a slight concern when i had a bunch of SQ guys making the rule. Now I find out one of the spl guys on R & E wasn't even asked to vote on the rule change. Makes me wonder if there is corruption in the ranks over there .......

Im thinking no communication on that topic.

thegreatestpenn
02-05-2008, 12:33 AM
as I said on the MECA forums, it sounds more like MECA as a club can't AFFORD driveby because of the insurance vendor. Everybody wants to suggest ways around it, but unless we all hear what the insurance people have to say, it is what it is. its lame, but I'm not gonna go anywhere. Leaving MECA doesn't make it better

bdawson72
02-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Is it really that much of an inconvenience?

tommyk90
02-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Is it really that much of an inconvenience?

It's an inconvenience being out of the car, yes.

As for the sitting there in park thing, not so much of an inconvenience as it is lame. I can see the safety issues and understand the liabilities involved, but at least leave me the choice to sit in my car if I want to.

thegreatestpenn
02-05-2008, 01:49 AM
^ don't leave over not being able to sit in the car man. I like the idea of having to work real hard to chase your scores

tommyk90
02-05-2008, 01:51 AM
^ don't leave over not being able to sit in the car man. I like the idea of having to work real hard to chase your scores

You don't understand.

With the equipment I run and the stresses I put on it (along with only having 50 amps of fusing), I really have to run my equipment on the edge to do the scores I do.

Not being able to sit in the car during driveby is like having to burp my car blindfolded.

I can't see what's going on with my sub/fuses from outside the vehicle. I'm not gonna risk breaking ****/blowing my fuses.

My scores aren't going anywhere. Since the classes are the same then you can chase last years scores. ;)

thegreatestpenn
02-05-2008, 01:56 AM
where's the mike elder spirit: at least 1 sub blown per comp

tommyk90
02-05-2008, 01:57 AM
where's the mike elder spirit: at least 1 sub blown per comp

I don't get free subs like mike elder (or at least cheap *** replacements).

Plus if I lose one sub then my run is over. :laugh:

thegreatestpenn
02-05-2008, 01:59 AM
I feel that, I saw ur most recent post on meca forums too. man I can't argue with that being some BS. nevertheless, DON'T LEAVE THE CLUB

tommyk90
02-05-2008, 01:59 AM
I feel that, I saw ur most recent post on meca forums too. man I can't argue with that being some BS. nevertheless, DON'T LEAVE THE CLUB

Well, if they can make an ammendment to the rule then perhaps I'll reconsider it.

Maybe I just won't compete in driveby though, unless they allow me to sit in the car.

vehementSPL
02-05-2008, 07:18 AM
I seen your post about the 20 inch on your post on meca tommy. With the insurance I understand the change but still think we could have got around it. But I still see why they went this route at first. But changing the inches on mic placement. they really couldn't stand not changing anything could they. It would have been like telling the little kid not to push the big red button

snoopdan
02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I can honestly say when I heard there was going to be "tweaks"........... I knew something was up.

Out of all the recent changes to the rules, I must admit not sitting in the vehicle is the goofiest of them all. No real explanation that makes sense has been offered as the logic for this decision.

vehementSPL
02-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah agreed snoopdan. Me and tommy have asked many times and they won't even give a reason. But Honestly i am going to back down a little because his mods or steve isn't responding so I am having a feeling we might have pushed a little hard. So I will tone it down a bit but I still would like an answer about the insurance. Prob really pissed him off

snoopdan
02-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I'll be in judge training this weekend with steve in tennesee, im not going to ask specifically about the issue but we'll see if its brought up at all.

tommyk90
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I'll be in judge training this weekend with steve in tennesee, im not going to ask specifically about the issue but we'll see if its brought up at all.

While you're at it, why don't you ask what I'm supposed to do about the 20" rule since nobody has answered me on the forums. :rolleyes:

snoopdan
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
While you're at it, why don't you ask what I'm supposed to do about the 20" rule since nobody has answered me on the forums. :rolleyes:

dont hold your breath on that one :laugh:

There is officially supposed to be a "discussion" about the 2008 rules during the meetings, and im sure that will come up.

delvryboy
02-07-2008, 03:25 AM
dont hold your breath on that one :laugh:

There is officially supposed to be a "discussion" about the 2008 rules during the meetings, and im sure that will come up.

Maybe you can find this "R&E" guy, I hear he's a tweaker

snoopdan
02-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Maybe you can find this "R&E" guy, I hear he's a tweaker

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/engtechwp/lolcats/web-bagel-tweaker-cat-trippin-balls.jpg

melnlovr911
02-19-2008, 11:03 PM
looks like someone got upset about the changes lol

http://www.mecaforums.com/smf/index.php

someone hacked the site lol

"

by r00t-x
uid=0(root)
[email protected] ~

"