PDA

View Full Version : Disqualified For Using An Ipod???

bball09124
01-27-2008, 03:08 PM
So, the three loudest cars in my class go before me, with the highest score being 143.0. I go up, and put up a 144.6, everybody was shocked. I was pretty happy seeing as how all of my competitors were sponsored by T&E and had been to tons of shows (judging by their trophies). Park the car, and the owner comes and tells me my score doesnt count because I used an Ipod instead of the HU. Try to argue my case, doesnt bother listening to me. I should have figured they were going to find a way to disqualify me just because I wasnt sponsored by their shop. Needless to say I'm never shopping there again. Your thoughts?

BTW, the scores nothing special, but pretty good for using only 1 12".

profundus-sanus
01-27-2008, 03:11 PM
well, in db drag you can't use an ipod for burps.. well at least at multi point events. not sure about singles tho.

they didn't give you a chance to run again?

more details on the setup?

bball09124
01-27-2008, 03:19 PM
well, in db drag you can't use an ipod for burps.. well at least at multi point events. not sure about singles tho.

they didn't give you a chance to run again?

more details on the setup?

check my thread i made for pics of the setup. it was ugly, but it was loud. 12" Fi SSD, Solid Audio F2500D @ .5. This wasn't sanctioned by any league, i.e. IASCA or DB Drag or w/e, just a local show at the shop (T & E Car Audio). The TL was used. They said i could run again if i hooked the amp up to the HU, but i would need to take apart the dash and all, didnt feel like doin that. I knew and the guys i beat knew i was the real winner, DQ or not, thats all that really matters.

SeanDub
01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
check my thread i made for pics of the setup. it was ugly, but it was loud. 12" Fi SSD, Solid Audio F2500D @ .5. This wasn't sanctioned by any league, i.e. IASCA or DB Drag or w/e, just a local show at the shop (T & E Car Audio). The TL was used. They said i could run again if i hooked the amp up to the HU, but i would need to take apart the dash and all, didnt feel like doin that. I knew and the guys i beat knew i was the real winner, DQ or not, thats all that really matters.

So how is your set-up connected? How is your amp not connected to your HU?

JimJ
01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Not sanctioned = they do whatever they want.

Simple as that.

bball09124
01-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Not sanctioned = they do whatever they want.

Simple as that.

yup. i knew it was no use arguing. i shouldve put some T&E stickers on my car if i wanted to win. :rolleyes:

my amp was hooked straight to the Ipod with a dual RCA to headphone jack adapter.

BringDaBoom
01-27-2008, 03:26 PM
That's phvcked up son. You got hosed, tommy. You got hosed.

They should've let you run again using a CD. Take it as a compliment. You beat their shyt and they had to take matters in their own hands to phvuck you over.

It doesn't take away your mark. You hit 144 and they can't take that away from you. phvck 'em

22mountaineer
01-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Dont surprise me, the locals around here are ****ing ***** when it comes to some guy coming in there with an underground speaker and spanking there ***...

I went into one just looking for a box for my 9515, there answer was, "Well we carry these treo subs and the dd designer came and started designing these and they are way better" after I had asked about a box? I told them I didnt give a rats *** about the treo and ask them about the box again and I wanted my amp flush with carpet, they said they couldnt do it for me. I then pulled out about a stack and asked them if that was what they had to see to actually talk to me respectfully and told them they could shove it up there ***..

That is why I like the smaller audio stores, they have more respect for you. Once they get so big they dont give a **** bc they know the next idiot will come in and buy there stuff

bball09124
01-27-2008, 03:31 PM
yeah, the dude was all nice to me at first because he thought he was taking my money. Then he copped an attitude with me ("How many shows have you been to? OKay then, thats what i thought".) when I was saying how rediculous the rule of not using an ipod is. like you guys said, theyre just mad cuz they got beat :)

JLa Obsessed
01-27-2008, 03:39 PM
they probably also didnt like the fact that you beat them with a setup that you installed in a day :laugh:

bball09124
01-27-2008, 04:36 PM
what i found hysterical was that no one noticed the battery in the front seat, i wouldve graciously accepted a DQ from that. i also accidentally rev-ed my engine to about 3,000 rpms because i couldnt hear the engine over the music, when the highest allowed was 1500 rpms. the two rules i broke didnt even DQ me.

ShiningBuick
01-27-2008, 05:22 PM
You should've bought a LOC quick and just wired it into the closest speaker man.

bball09124
01-28-2008, 03:41 PM
well, is there any unfair advantage to using an ipod opposed to a HU? the owner of the shop kept telling me an ipod put out a stronger signal then any HU, which i thought was BS. i asked if equalizers were allowed, he said yes, and i countered with most equalizer's functioning as line drivers and boosting the signal as well. later, i was thinking about those eclipse HU's with 8V preouts that would probably produce FAR greater a signal then that from an ipod.

DBDRAGGUY
01-28-2008, 09:10 PM
I feel your pain, few years back at car stereo wharehouse in Lexington, drove 70 miles to a 1x db drag. Tried to enter my SS 5-8 Astro, and as soon as they looked at my setup I was told I could not compete. The owner some fat phuck didnt want me showing up his customers and shops vehicles. This was the biggest load of **** I had ever experienced. I appealed to the Kenwood guys that were officiating the event and they told me there was nothing they could do. All in all the whole comps events were never reported and I guess everyone that paid never recieved there points. :verymad:

shortyg83
01-28-2008, 09:14 PM
honestly I agree with the people in the tourney, car audio system includes a HU non a ipod that is hooked up to the rcas. You would be at an advantage because the HU would not be using any power. And yes ipod is putting out actual power I cant see how that is even safe for the amp.

basshedz06
01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
well i compete in usaci and we are not allowed to use anything other than a cd, no burn cd's or mp3 players now about ipods putting out more power than an hu,
but i would have to say that what happen to you was totally bogus and stupid

bball09124
01-28-2008, 09:58 PM
is there any way i could measure the output from the ipod in volts? if it was higher then 8V (as claimed by eclipse) i'd be shocked.

jdawg
01-28-2008, 09:59 PM
yea a multimeter

yunvme666
01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
sounds like a shop around here who offered cash prizes, then when comp vehicles showed up they got denied.... lucky me got 200 bucks tho... oh well ..............

Jared530
02-12-2008, 08:11 PM
You probably got disqualified juss because the fact it was an ipod and the music/tone could have been amplified to give you you a high score.

billabongcr
02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
i wire bombs in my box to go off at specific parts of the song to create more pressure :)

bball09124
02-12-2008, 10:40 PM
You probably got disqualified juss because the fact it was an ipod and the music/tone could have been amplified to give you you a high score.

correct me if i'm wrong, BUT ISN'T THAT THE POINT OF USING AN AMPLIFIER????

PSturmer
02-14-2008, 01:39 PM
i know in db drag, meca, and usaci's street class's it needs to be a non burned cd. sometimes at small shows they will let you use an ipod. same thing goes for being inside of the car. over 140db in db drag i know you cant be in your car. but at 1x point events they do not care.

snoopysnooper
02-14-2008, 03:10 PM
you cant be in yer car past a 140..
****, learn something new everyday..

and the eclipse cd8455 (8v preouts)
best deck i have ever used..
get one and **** on the competition..

thch
02-14-2008, 09:45 PM
its all arbitrary lines as to what a "car" "audio" "competition" is.

if you look at extreme class, the "car" is only a "car" to the specific degree required by the rules. it has to have a dash, and a seat IIRC, but thats about it.

if you look any burp tracks, thats also very minimally "audio".

so you have rules that try to keep this somewhat "car" "audio" related. the 12V system as a base and 12V electronics is one thing.

The "no burned cds" may either be a liscening deal to sell test tone CD's, or may have been done to hopefully prevent people from using single-tone systems, or may have a legal basis in that burned CDs will almost never have authorized copies of music even in the case that it has legal (but not authorized) copies of the music.

SPL Blazer
04-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I believe in Bass race you can use an iPod, but not in Drags. You can't use an iPod for the same reasons you can't use a burned cd. If you record the track and amplify the signal you can hit higher numbers than you would with a commercially available cd, this makes it cheating. I'm not exactly sure how you do it, but this is the reason for it. ANd yeah, over 140 db's you can't sit in the vehicle, but thats only with db Drag racing.

Jep772
04-16-2008, 02:11 PM
T&E is a small shop but they know about audio, they kinda hated on my sundown a little at first though. i could see eddie bein hard about the rules but i woulda asked to see it in print somewhere. i was only in one of their shows at IRCC in 07 i got 3rd in my class, i forgot how they did the classes i think 1 15" vs 2 12" or 3 10's etc.. but im pretty sure team t&e won. ppl from installation station were sayin somethin about how they always win but they **** so.....
i had real good luck w/ t&e randy was the **** and cool as fk i dunno if he's still there though

galacticmonkey
04-16-2008, 02:17 PM
If its unsanctioned, it doesnt matter. You were louder anyway, everyone saw it.

At Henry and Mikes shows they let you use an Ipod for 1xs. Theyre cool about stuff like that.

djman37
05-27-2008, 06:36 PM
iPods have distinct advantages. A quick two are:
1. NO SKIPPING DUE TO VIBRATIONS
2. You can manipulate the 'song' in the computer, adjusting or ADDING bass to a song.

CD is the format for music in USACi still that is why you can't use an external source for music. It's either the USACi CD for tones or Commerical CDs for StreetBeat.

Doingstuffwell
05-27-2008, 06:46 PM
its BS.

set a fire.

hoxie08
05-27-2008, 06:51 PM
http://webhollis.com/albums/Funny-Forum/OldThread.jpg

rollerdj
05-27-2008, 06:59 PM
http://webhollis.com/albums/Funny-Forum/OldThread.jpg

haha, thats gotta be the funniest thing i've seen in awhile.

SPL Blazer
05-29-2008, 04:11 PM
iPods have distinct advantages. A quick two are:
1. NO SKIPPING DUE TO VIBRATIONS
2. You can manipulate the 'song' in the computer, adjusting or ADDING bass to a song.

CD is the format for music in USACi still that is why you can't use an external source for music. It's either the USACi CD for tones or Commerical CDs for StreetBeat.

Just one more reason why dB Drags is better than USACi.

khanhfat
08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
yup. i knew it was no use arguing. i shouldve put some T&E stickers on my car if i wanted to win. :rolleyes:

my amp was hooked straight to the Ipod with a dual RCA to headphone jack adapter.

This sounds like the winner set up here.. from now on every1 hook up ipod to amp :)

At least u hit 144 with ur set up either by ur ipod or u could do the same with ur HU. Still pretty proud of what u did .