PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-9855 Screen Out???

johzp
01-27-2008, 06:24 AM
So, i have a question....anyone experience this problem with any type of alpine head units?

When powered on, all buttons light up and the screen is blank. Will i just have to replace the ribbon? Is there more likely an internal problem or would it be an overall faceplate problem?

Thanks

bad @SS chevy
01-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Id say the faceplate is toast, and it would be cheaper just to buy a new unit. IMO

johzp
01-28-2008, 02:08 AM
Would i be able to test the face on another unit like a cda-9853?

dcole18
01-28-2008, 02:09 AM
So, i have a question....anyone experience this problem with any type of alpine head units?

When powered on, all buttons light up and the screen is blank. Will i just have to replace the ribbon? Is there more likely an internal problem or would it be an overall faceplate problem?

Thanks

how much you want for the broken one?

zero7404
01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
it is not broken. similar thing happened to me with the deck when i owned it. the blackout mode is active. if i remember it right, if you press and hold the glidetouch, the screen will come back on. not exactly sure about that tho. if you call alpine, they can tell you how to do it.

don't even think about selling that deck, it is sweet.

nismos14
01-28-2008, 10:54 PM

Thanks

it is not broken. similar thing happened to me with the deck when i owned it. the blackout mode is active. if i remember it right, if you press and hold the glidetouch, the screen will come back on. not exactly sure about that tho. if you call alpine, they can tell you how to do it.

don't even think about selling that deck, it is sweet.

If you read his post, thats not the problem. The buttons light up, but the screen is blank...

zero7404
01-29-2008, 09:19 PM
other than a busted biolite, i would say the unit is in blackout mode.