PDA

View Full Version : Alpine SPX-17PRO review!!

mikey7182
01-26-2008, 01:22 AM
So I finally got the install complete, and got the tweeters installed in the factory 4x6 locations in my dash, and had a chance to listen to everything for about an hour or so. First impressions are glorious!! The tweeter absolutely shines in this set. The depth of the sound stage is amazing, and the detail in the music is incredible. My EQ is completely flat, and the mids are HPF'd@63Hz, -24db/oct. They seem to be lacking just a tad of midbass compared to my Boston Pros and Premier 720PRSs, but the detail in the music is amazing to say the least. They seem to be more efficient than both the Bostons and the Premiers as well, although I'm not sure what the specs are. They seem quite a bit louder at any given volume, at the same gains I had the others on. I am bi-amping them with an Alpine MRV-F545. I need to play with the EQ a bit to see if I can get a little more low end response out of the mids, but overall I couldn't be happier!!

97alpinecivic
04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
I got the refs and they have great sound quality as well but like u said they lack low end punch. So what do u do? Pair them with a type x sub a 10 in my case tada!!