PDA

View Full Version : Aura MR-52

clbolt
01-24-2008, 01:09 AM
I decided to quit trying to find the perfect spot to mount my rear tweeters and to find a high-end set of coaxials for the rear fill. I lucked out and got a brand new pair of Aura MR-52s. They arrived this afternoon, and I just got through drilling a few new holes to make everything line up. It's strange, after all the "oversize" 5 1/4 speakers I've seen in the last few years, to have to contend with a slightly undersize 5". Still, mounting them was easy enough. They're beautiful speakers, and if the sound is half as good as the reviews, I'll be very happy.

And nope, I didn't take any pics before I mounted them in the side shelves in my Tercel wagon. They're under the sun-baked factory grilles, and sitting in some foam speaker baffles. It was a shame hiding those gold-plated teardrop magnets.

Ignatowski
01-24-2008, 08:45 AM
I have a set of MR62s in my little car,pretty decent speaker-They pop up now and again
on Ebay pretty cheap. Great Tweeter,really smooth one of the best I have ever heard and plenty of MidBass ( the 62s made a little more MB than the previous 52s I owned) Feed then around 80watts and your in good shape.....