PDA

View Full Version : I wanna build one of these for ATV

Ignatowski
01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
http://atvaudiopipe.com/bazookaatv.html

I certainly do not want to use the junk they are selling though.......
I got pipe,I got speakers,wires etc
What amp can I get to use for this or do you think they made
one from bits and peices?

maldecido33
01-23-2008, 07:51 PM
not familiar w/ atvs, but what voltage do they require?

Atimm693
01-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Probably 12 volts. I dont think the electrical system on an ATV can support much of an amp though.

IDSkoT
01-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Probably 12 volts. I dont think the electrical system on an ATV can support much of an amp though.

x2

ATV's alt is weak, as is it's battery. You won't get that good of sound from any amp. Period. A buddy I used to go camping with actually did something and put on a car alt on his ATV, which was a good idea... but they aren't very water proof. So, he ended up burning it out. But, he got a little sound system installed and he used to use it when it was the dry season and we were ATVing. Pretty loud. But, don't ask me how he did it. I'm still scratching my head about it.

The only thing you can do is see what alt is on your ATV, and what's the most extra power it can produce, and get something that can go by those standards.

406er
01-25-2008, 11:19 PM
x2

ATV's alt is weak, as is it's battery. You won't get that good of sound from any amp. Period. A buddy I used to go camping with actually did something and put on a car alt on his ATV, which was a good idea... but they aren't very water proof. So, he ended up burning it out. But, he got a little sound system installed and he used to use it when it was the dry season and we were ATVing. Pretty loud. But, don't ask me how he did it. I'm still scratching my head about it.

The only thing you can do is see what alt is on your ATV, and what's the most extra power it can produce, and get something that can go by those standards.

ahhhhh ATV dont have and alt NOR do they rely on the battery as a power soruce during operation. they have a magneto wich suplys just enough power to run the motor and the few accesorys that they have(lights etc)

IDSkoT
01-26-2008, 01:01 AM
ahhhhh ATV dont have and alt NOR do they rely on the battery as a power soruce during operation. they have a magneto wich suplys just enough power to run the motor and the few accesorys that they have(lights etc)

I didn't know; I was like 12. I just know he couldn't use it during wet season and it had a pretty ****** sound system for being an ATV.

Ignatowski
01-26-2008, 07:20 AM
I agree with the posts,not enough power avalible
the ATV is my buddys,we use it mainly for a pit / tow bike at the drags but for some reason
he feels he needs music ...waste of money and time I told him however
the people at ATVAUDIOPIPE buy a proprietary amp from Bazooka
So I siggest that the stuff was junk and we should make something square rather than a tube to hold a small 50x2 amp if he really still wanted to go through with the build
or just screw the amp and run a set of 30w speakers off the HU......