PDA

View Full Version : battery/alt issues?

ShiningBuick
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Picked up a new deep cycle dry cell today, since my car wouldn't start this morning and had been cranking over super hard in the mornings. I wanted one to be more sure of it anyways, I really beat on my old battery.

So I put it in, cranked.. nothing. I got a buddy to jump me, then I drove around on country roads @ 55 for like 15 minutes to give it some charge so I could start it and such.

I got home from that, let it sit for a couple mins, then tried cranking it. It cranked it real hard, then didn't quite start it.

Soo... is my alternator having issues and not charging it enough, or does it just need to be driven a bunch more to charge it better? (it'd sure help if I had a charger..)

ShiningBuick
01-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Blah, nevermind.. I got it started again, and after driving a good distance and back home I turned it off and immeadietly tried cranking it again. No go, it was dead.

Looks like a new alternator's in the future for the Park Ave.. any suggestions?

I was looking at probably a 200 amp Iraggi alt. Pretty soon I'll be running dual air compressors and eventually I want to run a BTL/Brutus amp combo, just incase that helps with suggestions maybe.

Thanks!

SPL140.2
01-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I like Iraggi alts :D

egg

$ Big C $
02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Best thing to do is to charge your battery up with a charger, just driving it won't bring it up enough.