PDA

View Full Version : buying all new speakers

limitedniner
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey all

Im looking to replace my six speaker system in jeep grand cherokee which currently has the infinity gold system which is basically blown to ****. It consists of (4 in door speakers and 2 speakers in the soundbar) and i was wondering what if i bought the PG RSD's 6.5s for the front doors and the soundbar and then did coaxials for the rear door speakers, if that would sound alright.

I'm not sure which coaxials to go with though :confused:

hollowpoint
01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I just upgraded my Jeep and to be honest I was doubting when people here said you wont need a rear fill and they were right. Just get the RSDs(I like them alot for the price) and than put a 12" in the back and you will be set. Works great with me.

But since you have a total of 6 and I had 4 Im not sure about the mid 2.

limitedniner
01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Hm, i heard the same thing too but i too doubted it.

Yeah i have the factory soundbar just above the back seats that holds 2 speakers and the tweeters sit like 5 inches to the side of each speaker.

So im guessing just goin with two sets of 6.5 RSd's, will that be enough fillage?

DeboDaddy
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Hm, i heard the same thing too but i too doubted it.

Yeah i have the factory soundbar just above the back seats that holds 2 speakers and the tweeters sit like 5 inches to the side of each speaker.

So im guessing just goin with two sets of 6.5 RSd's, will that be enough fillage?

Yea, After I got my RSD's, one of my bud's with a cherokee heard it, and put 2 sets of them in it. He has the soundbar too, and it sounds sweet. Makes me wish I had a SUV/Jeep... :D