PDA

View Full Version : 2 Alpine Type-R's

Mardos
01-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi,

Im building a box for the 2 Alpine SWR-1242D subs that i am getting and well i have it all drawn out and i was just looking for some people to look it over and give me some suggestions/comments.

what i was looking to achieve is 3.6ft^3 with a tunning of 32Hz and also i believe for the sub holes im going to need 10.9" to fit the sub.

Sketch here:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7764/subboxjd1.jpg

~thanks

DeViOuSoNe
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Cant really see what the sketch measurement's are. Id type the deminsions in REAUDIO.com (They have a box calculator) And see what you come up with. Might be a better place to do it at, Im not sure though.

Mardos
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
well when you open the image it should give you the option to zoom in a bit and make everything alot bigger. ill see what i can do at that website thanks

PSturmer
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
i would have more port area and make it 4 cubes

here is a site that can do all the work for you

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

and yeah, make the sub whole 10.9 inches

Mardos
01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Allright DeViOuSoNe that site you gave me alot of help and turns out i was a little ways off of having what i needed but not bad for my first try but now i have something that should fit all my specs and your suggestions. Now it is 4ft^3 tunned at 32hz and here are all the dimensions (just once you open it maximize the window then zoom in and you should be able to see all the numbers.)

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9633/boxplansgm1.jpg

again im looking for all your comments/suggestions this is my first time putting together a system never mind putting the box together so any suggestions oyu guys could give would be much appreciated

Also i always planned on putting plush carpeting on the sub box but i just thought of something, what the heck does the carpeting do? i guess it must dampen the sound but other than that does it do anything else and should i or shouldnt i get is based on my setup? what would you do?

~Thanks

P.S I tried your website aswell PSturmer but it was a little more complicated and difficult to play around with the numbers plus it kept giving me rediculous numbers for the depth my box should be like 40" which i dont even know if i could fit that in my trunk xD

miker
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Go bigger. Seriously. I did a 3.3 cube box, and am not happy...

Mardos
01-21-2008, 10:47 PM
yea thats why im doing a 4ft^3 i heard that these subs do well between the 3.5-4ft^3 from other people that run them in the dual setup.

plus im not the only one using this car right now so trunk space is still needed and this box is already taking up about half + covering the spare tire which may be a problem that i havent really looked into yet so any suggestions for that would be great aswell

Mardos
01-22-2008, 07:48 AM
anyone else?

basshedz06
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
i have the 10's an i am looking for an idea on a box