PDA

View Full Version : 2 12'' Fi SSD's ported in a 99 acura integra.

SethPhillips
01-21-2008, 02:33 PM
going to be building a new box for my tegra. want some opinions.. should i fire the sub's up, allong with the port? what would be the best application.
thanks
sethphillips

SethPhillips
01-21-2008, 02:58 PM
im planning on fireing the sub's and pot up towards the glass.

na_rsx
01-21-2008, 03:30 PM
i like subs up, port rear, especially in a hatch

SethPhillips
01-21-2008, 03:31 PM
sounds good.. anyone else?

basshedz06
01-21-2008, 03:42 PM
i say the same here man go with subs up port back should pic up some good numbers like that

SethPhillips
01-21-2008, 03:45 PM
good.. im going to go talk with my box builder sometime this week.. gunna see what he recomends..
throwinf 2000w at em and a 2nd batt.. so it should fix my bass withdraw..

Immacomputer
01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I really wouldn't do subs and port up in a '99 integra hatch. You lose a ton of low end doing that. I would do sub and port back as close to the rear as possible. That's how I run subs in my '99 hatch and I have experimented with these different configurations:

sub and port facing me
sub and port facing rear
sub up port up
sub side port side
sub up port back
sub back port side

In all those, I will take sub back port back any day of the week. If you only care about being loud around 45-50hz, sub up port back works well but there is nothing below 40hz for me. Sub back port back has a nice response dropping pretty low with the hatch resonating around 30hz so it added a nice gain. I only really got this with sub and port back. When I put some expanding foam in there, this point went up to about 38hz.

lostdaytomorrow
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I actually have a box for my two 12" SSD's that was in my trunk. It is subs and port back and the box absolutely pounds. About 4 cubes @ 32 hz. slot port.

SethPhillips
01-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I actually have a box for my two 12" SSD's that was in my trunk. It is subs and port back and the box absolutely pounds. About 4 cubes @ 32 hz. slot port.
that's the exact same size my last box was in my dodge.. and yes it was LOUD!!
but i dont have the room for that box in my teg..

I really wouldn't do subs and port up in a '99 integra hatch. You lose a ton of low end doing that. I would do sub and port back as close to the rear as possible. That's how I run subs in my '99 hatch and I have experimented with these different configurations:

sub and port facing me
sub and port facing rear
sub up port up
sub side port side
sub up port back
sub back port side

In all those, I will take sub back port back any day of the week. If you only care about being loud around 45-50hz, sub up port back works well but there is nothing below 40hz for me. Sub back port back has a nice response dropping pretty low with the hatch resonating around 30hz so it added a nice gain. I only really got this with sub and port back. When I put some expanding foam in there, this point went up to about 38hz.

i'll have to try this..
thanks
ya'll

Immacomputer
01-22-2008, 03:15 PM
You can easily get 4 cubes net out of the hatch area. I can get that much space and have room for my mountain bike!

SethPhillips
01-23-2008, 12:31 PM
i just need room for snowboards.. witch im sure i will..