PDA

View Full Version : Need some Comments on this 2 Model of Speakers.

zmcqdv
01-21-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi,

I'm new on ICE setup.

I have 2 model of component speakers to choose from.

Just need you guys to help me on the right speakers to choose from.

1. http://www.rs-audio.de/english/index.htm
RS PRO - 6.5" Component Speakers
Cost : USD1230.00
2. http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_product.aspx?category_id=14&family_id=136&product_id=400
Boston Acoustics - SPZ60 - 6.5" Component Speakers.
Cost : USD600.00

I heard from my local ICE shop, that the Boston SPZ60 is way better or equal to RS Audio Speakers. Since I'm new, I do not wish to jump right in for it, and needed advise from you guys ere.

So far I have listened to RS Audio, and it's good. As for the Boston, I have not.

Have anyone tried this Boston SPZ60?

BTW I'm into SQ. Thanks for your time.

aleborjas
01-21-2008, 11:17 AM
go with boston

zmcqdv
01-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks... :veryhapp:

Audio Master
01-21-2008, 12:53 PM
boston is nice but those germans do know a thing or two about speakers i deal in Grond Zero stuff and they have several german made components and they out preform most of the other comps i deal with except the italian stuff however the german stuff will take a beating and the italian stuff is more poised and sound quality based you can thow power at the german stuff and it just keeps going but i dont know the speakers your talking about probaly like an oem german thing huh

zmcqdv
01-21-2008, 03:25 PM
The RS Audio has been around since 2004 (I think) in my country M'sia, and as the their official website suggests it was around since 1999 in Germany.

So far by listening to it, it seems very good, but too darn expensive to purchased, and couldn't find it online sale for it.

To explain their range of components, they have their entry level which is the Smart Series, followed by the Base Series, SPL series, Pro Series and lastly the Advance Series. Soon, they'll be coming out the Master Series too.

Some experts ere compared the Boston SPZ60 the same with their Advance Series. But their price seems too absurd (RS Audio)

For example in M'sia to get the Boston SPZ60 will costs abt USD880.00 while the RS Audio Advance Series will costs abt USD2100.00. The differences is great. So far I managed to find on ONLINE sales for Boston SPZ60 which costs at abt USD600.00 (not include shipping yet).

But the bottom line is that RS Audio seems to be absurdly expensive.
Well, it seems not many ppl heard of this RS Audio speakers in the world yet (I mean on the NET), since it got it's name in 1999. So I better keep my money, and go for Boston, to be on the safe side.

Just need some feedbacks from you guys who might've heard of RS Audio and comment about it. So far the safest bet for me, is to go for Boston then.

Any advise on which AMP shud I go for. Shud I go for 2 Channel amp and 1 monoblock amp for the Sub, or just plainly 4 Channel amp for both the components and sub. Just wanna get the best out of the Boston SPZ60. And I'm intending to get the Boston SPG555 4ohm.