PDA

View Full Version : 4 Polk MMC650's....which Amp

djmaincheese
01-20-2008, 05:37 PM
I just purchased an ALPINE CDA-9885 HU and 4 Polk MMC650's , I know im not going to get the most out of my speakers just by running them from the Head Unit.
Which Amp should I use to run the 4 speakers
The speakers are rated at 80watts RMS (4Ohm Impedance)

Do we like the MTX AUDIO TC6004?

I am also putting a JL 12W6 in the Trunk pushed by a 500/1 JL Amp, should I just spend the extra few bucks and get the NEW JL AUDIO 300/4.

I need some premium RCA's if you could point me in the right direction with that.

Thank you for input, I really appreciate it
D

gentlejax
01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
if you spent money on the other good stuff might as well get something better than a MTX amp....PG Xenons are great for the money...loud and clean and put out more than rated..very well built. ....check them out.

CrossFired
01-23-2008, 11:31 PM
http://www.sinfoni.com/download/pdf/amp1204X_en.pdf

gentlejax
01-23-2008, 11:55 PM
actually you could get a ZUKI Audio Amp for less than $500 4 channel....supposed to be the best that some of the guys at DIYMA have ever heard bar none......check it out at DIYMA.com.........

Troydb
01-24-2008, 12:25 PM
if you spent money on the other good stuff might as well get something better than a MTX amp....PG Xenons are great for the money...loud and clean and put out more than rated..very well built. ....check them out.

Since when are MTX amps not good? I've never seen one do less than rated power,, always more

gentlejax
01-24-2008, 01:18 PM
and I have seen them burn up within a years time....and they also mass sell them at BB or CC and I dont think anything they sell is "good stuff"

thats my opinion....why spend $XXX on ok stuff at CC or BB when you can get BETTER stuff elsewhere for the same amount of money...?

again..MTX was once good but not now.....but thats my opinion

if you want MTX get the old Black with the Gold letters ...they were better than whats out now

konechiwa
01-24-2008, 02:55 PM
and I have seen them burn up within a years time....and they also mass sell them at BB or CC and I dont think anything they sell is "good stuff"

thats my opinion....why spend $XXX on ok stuff at CC or BB when you can get BETTER stuff elsewhere for the same amount of money...?

if you want MTX get the old Black with the Gold letters ...they were better than whats out now

x2

Troydb
01-24-2008, 04:17 PM

Not trying to flame you are anything, but I don't understand your logic. Buying them at CC or BB makes them a bad product? Just cause they aren't an "internet" company does that mean they aren't good? I mean they sell corvettes at the chevy dealership right? Does where you buy the product make it better?

So name some BETTER amps for the same money...

jrwalte
01-24-2008, 04:23 PM
You'd be better off returning the MMC650's and geting a pair of the MMC6500 only for your fronts at $180 from Sonicelectronix.com.

Search 'rear fill' and 'rear speakers' on this website. You'll find just about everyone saying rear speakers are worthless and ruin your SQ.