PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit MP3s - some won't play

memmo10
01-17-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm having a strange problem and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same and found a solution. In my factory head unit, I can play MP3 files from burned CDs just fine. I have made several discs, and they all work perfectly. All files are either 192 bit or 160 bit MP3 files and are Constant, not Variable. However, I'm trying to get a couple of albums to play but can't.

There are 10 albums that I ripped from original CDs to 192 bit Constant MP3 files via iTunes 7.4.3.1. Again, I've had no problems before, but now I am. When I burned these 10 albums, the same 2 albums won't play. There is nothing different about these albums at all vs. the other 8. In fact, it's the same artist. What's weird is that when I navigate to these particular albums, the Head Unit will show me the song name, but won't play and will try to navigate to the next song. Then, I'll see the title of that song, it won't play, and it'll move to the next one. It will continue to loop on that album constantly until I change albums. Again, it's always the same 2 albums.

I've made probably 10 MP3 CDs before I've encountered this problem, and haven't had a problem at all with those, it's just this particular one. I've always used iTunes to rip at 192 Constant, Track-at-once, and use Nero to burn at 18x speed. I've changed the speed from 8x all the way up to 32x, used MusicMatch, Nero, and iTunes to burn, and still no luck. After about 15 burned discs that I've trashed, I give up. There's got to be something different about these files...the file extensions aren't unique vs. the other ones either.

In the latest burn, I tried 8x speed, Disc-at-once, and still no luck. Anyone heard of this before and know how to fix?

LBC99
01-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Does itunes limit the times you can rip files to a cd?

I know when I downloaded songs from realplayer, if I burnt it directly to a disc, it would only let me do it a certain amount of times. Maybe your files are protected.

Louisiana_CRX
01-18-2008, 01:39 AM
yeah it sounds like protected files...they are now being encrypted

kidwolf909
01-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Does itunes limit the times you can rip files to a cd?

I know when I downloaded songs from realplayer, if I burnt it directly to a disc, it would only let me do it a certain amount of times. Maybe your files are protected.

If Itunes did encrypt them, which would be bullcrap, then use Tunebite to unprotect the files.

I've got a copy if you need it :)

memmo10
01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
The DRM / encrypted thing shouldn't be the case. To give a bit of background, all CDs are Warner Brothers' remastered Van Halen CDs (with DLR), so if 1 works, they should all work. 4 of the 6 discs work perfectly, and they all came from the same box set. Strange, eh?