PDA

View Full Version : Radio Messed up after install

darkhunter139
01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
well I did my first install ever today

I installed the JVC KD HDR1 into my 94 honda accord and everything seemed fine until I tried the radio....all static

I just doubled checked to make sure the antenna plug was in good and it was.

The radio never worked perfectly but I could get most stations on my old HU

Any suggestions?

darkhunter139
01-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Yes I love listening to radio for sports talk and listening to sports games when I am on the road. I really need to fix this, any suggestions? I was all psyched about HD radio and now I cant even get the regular radio to work anymore

darkhunter139
01-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I wired the amp remote turn on wire and the power antenna to the same wire could this mess anything up?

I also dont have the amp remote wire plugged in to an amp (Not going to be installing this for another week or so) yet but I figured might as well do it while I was soldering and I plugged in the RCAs to my head unit as well.

darkhunter139
01-18-2008, 12:29 AM
This is starting to **** me off.

Think the antenna wire could have got messed up somewhere when I was installing the HU? I cant really see that happening....WTH

sdmtnbiker420
01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Antenna on the remote wire is fine, some companies even say to do that in the instruction manual (like my Pioneer 6900UB)

What i did, is put a switch on the antenna wire so i could bring it down when listening to a CD or MP3, cause wired to the remote wire without a switch the antenna will be up anytime your amp is on

Back to yoru static problem - Is your antenna going up? Do you have the weird dual antenna setup? (The Bose system in my Nissan has two antennas, one is the metal pole and the other is a small metal strip in the window, looks like a defroster line) I know my 2006 accord has only the one in the rear window but i dont know if they had that way back in 94

darkhunter139
01-19-2008, 04:56 PM
I went back there wiggled around some wires and it started working. No idea what I did.

andrewmoore13
01-19-2008, 07:35 PM
probably a bad connection or something

darkhunter139
01-19-2008, 07:37 PM
probably a bad connection or something

Im not sure all my connections were done really good.

I made sure they were all perfect with solder then used heat shrink to seal it up