PDA

View Full Version : New Eclipse CD7200mkII!

asaner85
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Anybody know when this HU is supposed to hit the market?? I cant wait to get it so I can finally get rid of my /////ALPINE CDA-7998.

SeCtSIE...

http://veedubb.com/gallery/albums/miscpics/cd7200mk2a_small1.jpeg

Audiophiles rejoice! Eclipse is back in the game with a true sound quality-focused radio, packed with features for 2008. Not only does it offer the same great features on the CD7001, Eclipse has removed the internal amp- this is a dead head only with 8V low impedance pre-outs. But one of the coolest upgrades from the 7001 is the built-in Bluetooh - no more external boxes adding complexity to your install.

Features:
General

MP3/WMA/ Capable
Built-in Bluetooth
USB input
OEL Display
Eclipse Area Shot Mapping
Twin Security-- ESN and detachable face
6 Pattern multicolor illumination
E-iSERV connectivity
Wireless remote included
Expansion & Enhancement

HD Radio Ready
Satellite Radio Ready
iPod Ready
Aux-In
Audio

Three 8V RCA Pre-outs
24-Bit DSP
SRS-Circle-Surround II
Built-in configurable crossover ssytem
Digital Time Alignment
11-band / 7-band parametric EQ
Selectable speaker layout

ultimate157
01-15-2008, 06:53 PM
No internal amp... thats awesome. Means there should be better quality components and more room for other things.

That thing looks ******.

bigmac16
01-15-2008, 11:58 PM
estimated price?

dragnix
01-16-2008, 12:21 AM
not as flashy as the 7100, seems like it would be better then

ebrunn
01-16-2008, 05:18 AM
copper housing?:D

frzninvt
01-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Nice, but there is only one thing wrong with it. It's a Fujitsu Ten product. :crap:

ultimate157
01-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Nice, but there is only one thing wrong with it. It's a Fujitsu Ten product. :crap:

And whats wrong with that ?

DaveT
01-16-2008, 01:19 PM
And whats wrong with that ?

x2 I haven't had a single problem with any eclipse deck I have used.:confused:

IgnoreMe
01-16-2008, 01:20 PM
nice looking unit...however i will not be buying a unit with that volume/menu button.

the volume is easy to adjust of course, but the menu, skipping, going back on tracks, changing folders with that pivoting middle part is absolutely HORRID. ill take my cd5000 layout over that any day of the week.

WhoSayWho?
01-16-2008, 01:20 PM
x2 I haven't had a single problem with any eclipse deck I have used.:confused:

Me either.

Tonyguy
01-16-2008, 01:42 PM
i've ssen pics and it looks exactly like the cd7100, but i'll probably pick it up nonetheless.

UCF52
01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
nice looking unit...however i will not be buying a unit with that volume/menu button.

the volume is easy to adjust of course, but the menu, skipping, going back on tracks, changing folders with that pivoting middle part is absolutely HORRID. ill take my cd5000 layout over that any day of the week.

x2. I hate that pivoting knob control. Dual rotary knobs FTW!

Babs
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Did they really have to have all those stupid logo's cluttering up the face.. Otherwise it would have been a relatively nice looking face. Wonder if that crap could be scratched off with some solvent of some kind without damaging the faceplate?

That's just fugly..

"Sat Ready".... "USB".... "MP3".... etc etc etc.... That's just plain cheeeeeeezy.

Has to be some legal reasons behind all that.

XaznKewLguyX
01-16-2008, 07:35 PM
yeah.. that knob *****. thats the main reason i got rid of mine

nismos14
01-16-2008, 08:48 PM
not as flashy as the 7100, seems like it would be better then

Looks almost identical to me
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2006/099/h099CD7100-fp.jpg

Hated my CD7100's as well.

x2. I hate that pivoting knob control. Dual rotary knobs FTW!

HELL YA lol.

yeah.. that knob *****. thats the main reason i got rid of mine

You made the right choice ;).

I hope Eclipse decided to make a more user friendly motorized face mechanism that doesn't require some stupid mounting of the unit, also hope the fixed the crappy low quality feel of the face.

UCF52
01-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I hope Eclipse decided to make a more user friendly motorized face mechanism that doesn't require some stupid mounting of the unit, also hope the fixed the crappy low quality feel of the face.

x2. Older Eclipse > newer Eclipse. I was really hoping for them to revert back to the dual rotary knobs. I am in the hunt for a deck capable of 3-way active and have only owned Eclipse decks, but I hate the new Eclipse's... a lot. I think I am going to wait for the new 800prs to come out.

zero7404
01-29-2008, 09:31 PM

your lookin @ the dude that had to battle to get my 7000 in my dash and have the faceplate open too.

look @ that mounting angle, like 15-20 deg:....

http://www.mobilesoundtx.com/galleries.php?gallery=03%20M3

won't be buying eclipse units that open this way any more.
i'm about to make a decision 2nite on what kind of deck will replace this, thinking X991. but i value sq over goodies, so anyone with suggestions let me know....

Babs
01-30-2008, 09:21 AM
your lookin @ the dude that had to battle to get my 7000 in my dash and have the faceplate open too.

look @ that mounting angle, like 15-20 deg:....

http://www.mobilesoundtx.com/galleries.php?gallery=03%20M3

won't be buying eclipse units that open this way any more.
i'm about to make a decision 2nite on what kind of deck will replace this, thinking X991. but i value sq over goodies, so anyone with suggestions let me know....

Wow.. That looks like it was quite the challenge.

I'm betting the CD7200 vs the DEH-P800PRS coming out will be the two big kids on the block for 08.. Though I'd love to do some A/B comparison with the 9887 thrown in with Imprint tuned up solid.

zero7404
01-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow.. That looks like it was quite the challenge.

I'm betting the CD7200 vs the DEH-P800PRS coming out will be the two big kids on the block for 08.. Though I'd love to do some A/B comparison with the 9887 thrown in with Imprint tuned up solid.

dont know too much about pioneer, can't really say.

i do know eclipse 7000 series, they deliver. only problem is that in order to get the combo of features/sq you need to put up with a retarted control system that you need to be absolutely steady to select something, and that dumb-i mean-really stupid faceplate swing design.

originally, i thought it was put there because the cd7000 has a memory stick port, but now that it is long gone, it looks like they skimped on the engineering part of making the deck easier to install.

i really wanted the 7100, but all these quirks are causing me a headache man....not to mention all that heat generated by the non-defeatable internal amp.

'nuff said.

Babs
01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Non-defeatable???!?!? Shoooooo!
Yeah I've heard the interface is reeeeeeeeeeeally poor... Wonder if the 7200 is improved.. hope so.

Eclipse needs to get their act together... The other big-5 head-unit producers are nipping at their heels with some sharp teeth in all higher price points.

Except Kenwood doesn't have an active capable head unit at this time (but does have a DSP multi-channel amp which is kinda cool), and Kenwood also has a screwy interface that no one can use except the owner who's read the silly manual backwards and fowards... But if as good as the XXV-01D I had, their best units sound spectacular WITH defeatable amp and dual differiential wolfson dacs.

nismos14
01-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Based on the layout of the 7200, I doubt its any different.

Non-defeatable???!?!? Shoooooo!
Yeah I've heard the interface is reeeeeeeeeeeally poor... Wonder if the 7200 is improved.. hope so.

Eclipse needs to get their act together... The other big-5 head-unit producers are nipping at their heels with some sharp teeth in all higher price points.

Except Kenwood doesn't have an active capable head unit at this time (but does have a DSP multi-channel amp which is kinda cool), and Kenwood also has a screwy interface that no one can use except the owner who's read the silly manual backwards and fowards... But if as good as the XXV-01D I had, their best units sound spectacular WITH defeatable amp and dual differiential wolfson dacs.

asaner85
01-31-2008, 10:53 PM
So does anybody know when this unit will be released????

zero7404
02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
So does anybody know when this unit will be released????

even eclipse doesn't know...just look @ thier web site. it's February already every1 else has posted thier new lines online.

zero7404
02-01-2008, 12:49 PM
But if as good as the XXV-01D I had, their best units sound spectacular WITH defeatable amp and dual differiential wolfson dacs.

i'm still in an identity crisis here....i have the CD7000, i need to get rid of it because it's aggitating me. overall it's a very good sound, but the installation caused problems, and the boxes i need to lug around (HD radio, ipod, gps) are taking up space in my cabin.

i thought i wanted the Kenwood X991, but while i was bent on SQ, i defected over to the DRZ9255. i was about to call today to give payment info so i can have one ordered, but i need to seriously think about what i really want.

question # 1:

in a car audio application, do the extra quality components and adjustments of the DRZ9255 really really make a huge difference for a 3-way configuration ?

question # 2:

if you feel that the quality of components inside the X991 compare to those in the Eclipse CD7000, are they better/worse ? I plan to go active, 2 tweeters, 2 woofers and 1 sub. is the X991 even capable of that ?

Babs
02-05-2008, 10:19 AM
1. If you don't mind pretty much CD only... The DRZ is IT... Period.. for SQ.. unless you want to go to an F1 alpine or maybe a P9 pioneer setup if you can find it now.. The DRZ is still current, thankfully... Well there is the H701 processor and a DVD head unit 205 with optical to feed it... That's also slick.

2. Oh definitely.. I'll bet the 991 outputs every bit the general SQ of the 7000.. BUT.. Not the processing power to go active.. You'd have to look into an external or maybe an amp such as the JL's I think that has active capability for mids and tweets.. They do exist luckily... Here's a prime example of a FINE amp that will run active frontstage for you.....

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=35

And not to mention being an absolute beastly piece of nice high end gear.. I've talked to the owner over at the diy mobile audio forum as well.. Helluva nice guy.. I'd buy from him in a heartbeat.

.. that's one example.. so don't know how much I'd fret over having active XO IN the head unit as long as there's some solution... Makes me wish the pioneer 980BT got better reviews for SQ, because I'd love to have a darn near SQ level unit with bluetooth built in for the phone.. That'd be slick!.. Then I'd run one of those amps and be happier than a pig in poo. :)

hope that helps some. :)

Babs
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I started a thread some time ago talking about amps out there that are active capable.. Might help...

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22617&page=3&highlight=active+capable+amplifier