PDA

View Full Version : so i picked up a router ..

sqhertz
01-15-2008, 12:14 PM
on clearance for $15. :)
craftsman professional #26620. it was part of a plunge/fixed base combo but i only found the plunge base. its missing a few parts like the collets , dust sheild and a few screws on the base and one of the handles are loose but for $15 i wasnt arguing concidering the combo sold for $150+. the motor looks to be perfect besides the missing collets.
could i use the plunge base on a router table or do i need the fixed?
and are most bases for routers the same? could i throw on a base from a dewalt or makita?

now i just need to figure out how to use it. :emb:

audioarsonal
01-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Almost sounds like a death trap!

sqhertz
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
i hope not :(.

audioarsonal
01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Most bases aren't interchangable.Are you looking for a table type base or the actual base for the router?

sqhertz
01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
an actual base. i can order the parts and it would still come out cheaper than buying it new, but im cheap.

audioarsonal
01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah the bases don't usually fit others.Proably have to order new ones, but hey it is still cheaper!

sqhertz
01-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah the bases don't usually fit others.Proably have to order new ones, but hey it is still cheaper!

true. i plugged it up and it runs perfect. the plunge base seems to plunge fine but having no dust sheild is kinda ******. im printing out the manual now. the parts center wanted to charge me $4 + shipping for it. :crap:
i just got tired of cutting circles with a jigsaw and rounding edges with a sander. im sure this will make life much easier.

audioarsonal
01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
A whole lot!!Just need a circle jig now and some bits and you'll be set.I picked up some cheap ones from menards when I got mine.But I ended up buying single good ones that I needed.