PDA

View Full Version : Noise

bigred78797
04-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Ok i built my slotted port box and it all was sounding good untill i started to add more gain. Does anybody know how to reduce port noice. The port is in an L shape becuase it's too long to just be built straight( non bent ). I have not had this problem with any of my other slot ported boxes but this one wants to be an arse. I mean once i hit 30 hz you can just barely hear the bass over the sound of rushing air... well u can hear the rushing air and i don't like that.

fantomas
04-13-2003, 02:05 AM
to be honest with you...i've never built a ported box. but maybe the port dimensions are off? i dont know sorry :(

...is the port flared off at the end? that might cause some noise if its not.

bigred78797
04-14-2003, 03:04 PM
I checked and rechecked the dimensions and re checked. I rechecked my plots and graphs and measurements on winISD and another program and they were both right. no the port is not flared at all. Im gonna try some things to see if it reduces the air flow noise. Any reccomendations are welcome.

Mercureie
04-14-2003, 03:38 PM
sandin down the edges of your port should help with that noise a lil, im assuming uve checked for leaks and all that but if not check that. peace hope this helps

bigred78797
04-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Thanks. I made the edges of the port curves roundy and it helped alot. There is still some noise but u would expect to here it when the port is 2 feet away from your ear.