PDA

View Full Version : ipod adaptor question

fwb_1234
01-13-2008, 04:53 AM
I have a pioneeer deh-7800mp, and I want to add an iPod adaptor to the unit, but there seem to be two that work with my unit.

They would be the CD-IB100 and the CD-IB100II.

What is the difference, besides price?

traxtar944
01-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Actually there's a third.....PAC iPod® Adapter for Pioneer (http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=305250&i=127ICPIOP&tp=120&avf=Y) This allows you to control the ipod DIRECTLY, without using the HU interface. Something that could be appealing to you.

I have the CD-IB100ii and think the interface is too slow. It's nice to see the artist and song title right there on the unit, but if you want to browse artists or playlists it starts from the top of the list every time. Also it can't keep up with scanning, you'll turn the rotart knob a couple times and all of a sudden the list goes blank, then a couple seconds later the titles catch up. It get's pretty annoying. I'd say if you have a nice dock for your ipod, and don't mind using THAT for your music navigation, it's almost a better buy.

You can get the CD-IB100ii for about $40 on eBay if I remember. And the PAC connector is about $20. Either way....just go with the newer version of the interface. For a very nominal price difference, anything slower than the newest version would be a nightmare to use. I can barely stand it as it is. I don't think there's any real difference between the two except the new version can control newer versions of Ipods perhaps?? Thats pure speculation though.

fwb_1234
01-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks.

I was thinking that it was some sort of update.

fwb_1234
01-13-2008, 08:44 PM
bump