PDA

View Full Version : Ipod 80g Classic and Ipod ipc-106 freezing

IgnoreMe
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
friend is asking for some help. he has an eclipse cd3100 with the ipod adapater. his ipod has frozen twice when connected to the adapter and the eclipse logo on the ipod wont go away.

i tried to reset the ipod but it wont even reset. it has to die, before you can use it again. anyone noticing anything similar? i read a lot of issues about the ipod 80g classic, and that they seem to be freezing when connected to computers and such. but alas, not much on the eclipse adapter.

btw, this ipod and the adapter were bought for christmas. so they're brand new.

redrocket
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
From SoundDomain:

We have discovered that upon upgrade to version 1.1.3 iPods that previously worked as "full control" will no longer function properly. This includes all 5th gen as well as 6th gen models. The only way for you to continue using your iPod is to downgrade to version 1.1.2

That might be the problem or I've heard that the new iPods are not compatible anymore. You will have to buy the new head units coming out this year.

IgnoreMe
01-11-2008, 04:31 PM
From SoundDomain:

We have discovered that upon upgrade to version 1.1.3 iPods that previously worked as "full control" will no longer function properly. This includes all 5th gen as well as 6th gen models. The only way for you to continue using your iPod is to downgrade to version 1.1.2

That might be the problem or I've heard that the new iPods are not compatible anymore. You will have to buy the new head units coming out this year.

wtf. i really hope thats not right cause thats BS. i will let him know though, i appreciate it bro :D

ultimate157
01-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if its true. Some manufacturers really don't give a s**t about backwards compatibility sometimes.

andrew361
01-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I just had this happen to me last night. I'm using a CD7000 and an 80g Ipod classic. Everything worked perfectly for the first few days after I installed the HU. I didn't use the Ipod in my car for a few days, and now it won't work. The HU would search through artists and songs, but would not play. Is this the same problem you're having?

Andrew

redrocket
01-11-2008, 11:16 PM
You have to restore your iPod and then don't allow it to upgrade to version 1.1.3. That should fix the problem or your head unit may not be compatible with the newer iPods and you will have to upgrade this year.

IgnoreMe
01-12-2008, 03:44 AM
I just had this happen to me last night. I'm using a CD7000 and an 80g Ipod classic. Everything worked perfectly for the first few days after I installed the HU. I didn't use the Ipod in my car for a few days, and now it won't work. The HU would search through artists and songs, but would not play. Is this the same problem you're having?

Andrew

i dont know as its my friend and not me. he just told me that it would freeze up and then even when disconnected it wouldnt get off the eclipse screen on the ipod. it was also acting real funny. like some menus would work then all of a sudden wouldnt.

You have to restore your iPod and then don't allow it to upgrade to version 1.1.3. That should fix the problem or your head unit may not be compatible with the newer iPods and you will have to upgrade this year.

thanks for the info. he will probably be giving it back if its going to be a hassle like that. he didnt even want an ipod in the first place, he thinks they are gay. but his gf got it for him so he can just use it to play his music on his stereo in the car. he'll pretty much just tell apple to **** off if it wont work.