PDA

View Full Version : will someone who knows what they are talking about help me please!

alwaysontop
01-10-2008, 06:00 PM
okay so i have two kicker comp vr 12's right now i have a rockford fostgate 500.2 but hopefully i soon will be getting a kicker kx1000.1 what is the loudest box and best box i can make for them. my friend has the regular kicker comps in the kicker box with the port and it has such a lower freq i think thats right haha. but ive been trying to understand this hertz stuff and all that but i dont get it. right now i have them in this sealed box just got the dimensions off of some kid but this box is going in a cobalt. :confused:

shortyg83
01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Loudest and best are normally 2 different things.
You can make a burp box and tune it high for the loudest.
Or tune it lower so you can actually listen to it during music.

IDSkoT
01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
okay so i have two kicker comp vr 12's right now i have a rockford fostgate 500.2 but hopefully i soon will be getting a kicker kx1000.1 what is the loudest box and best box i can make for them. my friend has the regular kicker comps in the kicker box with the port and it has such a lower freq i think thats right haha. but ive been trying to understand this hertz stuff and all that but i dont get it. right now i have them in this sealed box just got the dimensions off of some kid but this box is going in a cobalt. :confused:

LOUDEST: Ported box.
Best SQ: Sealed Box

Well, that's the gist. Hz = The Frequency of the sound wave. Lower the frequency, the lower the sound [bass].

I'm sure if you ask around here someone will make you a box that will be sure to fit into your Cobalt. They might charge you, they might not.

But, that's the gist. Good luck.

P.S. Kickers are amazing. Good choice.

bimma85
01-10-2008, 06:04 PM
are you getting a kx1200 or a zx1000?
As for the best box, that is subjective and dependent on your musical tastes.

I have never used a vr, so I can't comment. But I would recommend talking with polecat.

Also there is a ported vs sealed thread in the box section :fyi: :)

WhoSayWho?
01-10-2008, 06:05 PM
LOUDEST: Ported box.
Best SQ: Sealed Box

Well, that's the gist. Hz = The Frequency of the sound wave. Lower the frequency, the lower the sound [bass].

I'm sure if you ask around here someone will make you a box that will be sure to fit into your Cobalt. They might charge you, they might not.

But, that's the gist. Good luck.

P.S. Kickers are amazing. Good choice.

Oh boy.

GLN305
01-10-2008, 06:13 PM
If you want a loud and decent sounding enclosure get someone on here or PM me and I can design a low-tuned ported enclosure. It will get loud and play pretty clean, not as clean as a proper sealed enclosure, but pretty close.

basshedz06
01-10-2008, 06:40 PM
well i ain't no kicker fan but oh what the heck ha i say a ported box tuned to like 40 high 30 like 35 and it should do some damage and get loud cause mine does.

alwaysontop
01-11-2008, 04:48 PM
this all was a lot of help and definetly made me understand more about building boxes and more about them but basically i am just asking for someone to give me a design that will sound best cause you guys on here know a lot more than i do so if anyone can hook me up with a design i'd really really appreciate it.

bimma85
01-11-2008, 05:10 PM
basically i am just asking for someone to give me a design that will sound best

Like I said, it will be hard to do that....because we dont know what "sounds best" to YOU.

alwaysontop
01-11-2008, 06:20 PM
well this is what im looking for.. i want to protect my sub, but at the same time making it pound as hard as it can while still sounding pretty good.

bonesninja
01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
where you at in Ohio?

DarkFox
01-12-2008, 08:28 AM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9060/5cubes34hz75sqin1us.png

Send Thanks to Moe Lester. If this wont fit, look in the Box plans sticky and find the largest one tuned in the 32-35 range that will. This box is 5 cubes @ 34 and plenty of port area. Should be good with those subs.

alwaysontop
02-24-2008, 01:24 PM
where you at in Ohio?

im in youngstown not too far from lima.

Supergumby5000
02-24-2008, 01:44 PM
I had a pair of 8" Vr's in a 2.4cu ft box @ 34hz, and they sounded perdy good. A box around 4-5cu ft tuned to 34-ish hz will do you just fine.