PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion for space.

IDSkoT
01-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey, I'm making a custom amp rack / sub box for my car.

I have 15" from the top of the trunk roof to the bottom... so I'm pushing for space.

This is what I have

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/TwistedShot/BoxSpace.jpg

If you can't read, it says 3-1/8". That's 3-1/8" between the tallest point of the amp rack and my sub box. Should I do away with this idea and put the amps somewhere else? I just liked this idea 'cause I haven't really seen it done and it looks nice. Also, the wires are right there for the sub and the space underneath will make it neat [I'm drilling three holes [maybe 4], one on each side of each amp.

So, what do you guys think?

IDSkoT
01-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Uhh... please?

/bump

Trixter
01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
looks good if you can pull it off.

i might suggest swapping the sub box and the amps...the amps on top of the subs...floating on some angle iron coming form the box below. run the wires along the angle iron.....

jdc753
01-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Yea my first thought was to flip the amp rack and box as well. Where will the subs be firing with this design up through the rear parcel shelf? or back down towards the amps? Also if you only have 15" in total from top to bottom and 3-1/8" between the two designs down deep is that sub enclosure? I see issues with mounting depth unless of course you have already figured this out with either component selection or different mounting that I am thinking.

I would say flip it and make like a mini clam-shell with the amps on top and then the subs firing up, put in some plexi here and there and it could look pretty sweet, or make a beauty panel to cover up the amps and make them look flush mounted.

IDSkoT
01-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Yea my first thought was to flip the amp rack and box as well. Where will the subs be firing with this design up through the rear parcel shelf? or back down towards the amps? Also if you only have 15" in total from top to bottom and 3-1/8" between the two designs down deep is that sub enclosure? I see issues with mounting depth unless of course you have already figured this out with either component selection or different mounting that I am thinking.

I would say flip it and make like a mini clam-shell with the amps on top and then the subs firing up, put in some plexi here and there and it could look pretty sweet, or make a beauty panel to cover up the amps and make them look flush mounted.

I never thought of that.
That might be interesting, and easier.

With this design the subs are shooting down toward the bottom [toward the amps].

As for the mounting depth, I figured it out already. My subs are shy of 4-9/16" while the depth of the subbox is 5
Do you think that'll be enough from the back of the sub to the back of the box? [7/16"]

I got this rough design from the OEM subwoofer box that is in my kind of car which has 2 POS Subs mounted to the back shelf with this weird rounded box. I had the dimensions for that box somewhere, but it wasn't enough room for my subs so I had to make this square box.

So what you guys are trying to say is having basically a piece of wood mounted to the top of my trunk shelf with my amps mounted with my subs flat on my trunk? Or would they be inclined like the amps were?