PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on designing boxes!!!!

Anonymous
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I am trying to change up my girlfriend's setup in her Scion TC. Right now I have 2 RF P212D4's in a 2 net cube sealed box with a Diamond D3 400.1 pushing them all that is running off of the stock HU and convertor, she wanted everything kept factory. However I was wanting to change it up a little bit, she is happy with how it is but I want to give her options. I was wanting to try 2 ED EHQS 12's ported on the Diamond 400.1 but I have heard that they need more than the 2 cubes ported that ED recommends, I was wanting to know who has ran these in a vehicle in a ported box with 400 RMS and how big of a box do they need to get the most out of them. The other box I need help with is for a RE SX 18. This setup would be temporary just to see if she likes it, she already thinks the 2 RF's are too loud so she probably won't like it but what is the minimum space needed for a SX 18 ported? And I am talking net volume on both of these. And with the 18 I need minimum space just to get it in there and let her hear it. If she likes then I can do something else with it.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post, I get carried away sometimes.

Anonymous
01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Anybody? I have some ideas I was going to put the 2 ehqs 12's in 4.5 net cubes tuned to 35 and was going to put the SX 18 in 6-6.5 net cubes tuned to 35, i know it is small but it is just to get her opinion.

basshedz06
01-09-2008, 06:11 PM
not really sure on this one bud but i think someone was building a box for two of those 18's for an explorer not too long ago u could find that thread and go from there or even pm the guy to get some info from him.

Anonymous
01-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Can nobody help me with these box volumes as i said in my 2nd post I have some ideas, I just want some opinions from more experienced people on my ideas. If they are good then I will use them, If you guys have some better ideas let me know.

brokeitagain
01-10-2008, 08:27 PM
theres no help here go over to ssa and ask. no one helps nere unless you got a forum boner of a sub

DB_DRAG_SPL
01-10-2008, 09:59 PM
theres no help here go over to ssa and ask. no one helps nere unless you got a forum boner of a sub

Why are you still here then?

DeboDaddy
01-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Yea, from the last few posts I've seen from him, I vote for a ban of "brokeitagain"

Pyro_By_Nature
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM

Are you kidding me? SSA is more "boner oriented" than here. And the percentage of posts actually answered over there appears to be lower from what I've seen.

If you don't like ca.com, I'd suggest moving on.

Anonymous
01-12-2008, 03:18 PM
any other suggestions on box volumes for a RE SX 18 and 2 ED EHQS 12's both boxes ported?