PDA

View Full Version : Starting System Install In The Morning Few??

dwman
01-09-2008, 05:17 AM
ok i have helped do a few of my past custom installs but they havent been realy as nice as i had hoped.Since then i have joined this site and i think you guys can answer my questions if you want to?

ok i have my ported box built for my 2 12's

i am starting my amp rack in the morning i have that pretty much firgured out how i am doing it.

my question is i am going to put 1/4 ply wood over the box to give it that clean built in look we call it false decking down here but i am sure thats not the propper name.My question is this i will have to cover the final cover peice out of the car how would i go about fastining it to the sub box without using screws? i want a clean custom look if you know what i mean?

i believe the amp rack will fit tight enough i wont have to worry about it but the sups are going to be facing the back of the trunk i migh tbe able to get it tight enough it dont move but not sure?

should i use some kind of luquid ? but then if i have to take apart for something it will make a hell of a mess and destroy stuff probably?

i know this is probably easy and i am a complete moron but if someone can give me a minute of there time and help me out i would appreciate it thanks guys.

miker
01-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Glue???? Or are you talking about being able to take it off if you want to?

Bake
01-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Velcro maybe?

Immacomputer
01-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Glue it down. Put an ample amount of glue on a piece and then set it on top. Clamp it or put some weight on it and let it dry. Rinse and repeat.

jco1385
01-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Velcro maybe?

my thought exactly. heavy duty velcro. then if you wanna take the velcro off, get some Goo Gone

hempy
01-09-2008, 12:12 PM
maybe you could use about a dozen of those PE grill magnets

dwman
01-09-2008, 02:16 PM
thanks guy but i guess i am going to try to press fit everything so that when i put te material over it she fits nice and tight.

check this forum out later i will be starting my install pics post thanks.

blackbonnie
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
if you want it to be permanent then just screw some L-hangers to the back of the false wall and the side of the box. no one will see it from looking into the trunk because it will be hidden behind the false wall. and if ever needed to take it out just unmount your box and pull it out and unscrew them from each other

dwman
01-19-2008, 09:52 AM
yes that sounds good but its in a trunk and i want t do one solid peice to cover the amp rack and subs the question i have is how would i screw the bracket?it is going to over the whole trunk lol so any more help please sir it would be appreciated