PDA

View Full Version : Guts in or out

bigred78797
04-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Ok im usually an expert at this stuff but i have a question for u guys. Ok im making a new box for my audiobahn 1005q's, it's a slotted ported fiberglass enclosure. Do any of the variables change when u have the cone shooting into the box with the magnets out rather than the regular way with the magnets inside the box. My knowledge and thought processes say no but theres this little gnome in the back of my head telling me yes it is different. I've done some testing with cheap speakers like PYRAMIDS and i didn't notice much of a change and that small change was probably cause by the displacement of the speaker being removed, but im not risking screwing up my babys and their mother the amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated cuz i really don't feel like building ten boxes to check results. :D

i3abyjay25
04-11-2003, 12:15 AM
im not sure,
u dont live far away from me?
do u ever hang out on Barret?
and if u know how to fiberglass, maybe 1 day u can help me out..

paikiah
04-11-2003, 12:19 AM
Erm, apart from the fact that people say you gotta swap the terminals? Erm, I don'tt hink so...

and also, the volume would maatter greatly with the port, but if you already have that in consideration, then all the better...tell us how it sounds like..:)

bigred78797
04-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Ill be making a one test box today( friday ) for one of the speakers. And i pray to god i don't mess it up. Oh and i3abyjay25 have u ever been to Sound Sensations in marietta. They are awsome, but expensive.

fantomas
04-11-2003, 01:08 PM
only difference would be port displacement and wiring.

ShaunMac
04-11-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by bigred78797
have u ever been to Sound Sensations in marietta. They are awsome, but expensive.

Back in 98 I bought my Eclipse H/U there.

i3abyjay25
04-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by bigred78797
Ill be making a one test box today( friday ) for one of the speakers. And i pray to god i don't mess it up. Oh and i3abyjay25 have u ever been to Sound Sensations in marietta. They are awsome, but expensive. yeah i kno the owner their a few peeps that work their..i use to get stuff pretty cheap their..but that was about 2 - 3 yrs ago..i got to go bu their either today or tomorrow and replace my neons that got broke...

MikeofTulsa
04-11-2003, 10:11 PM
other than reversing the polarity there would be no difference....

bigred78797
04-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I built the box today aand it seems quite small ( only 1 ft^3 ) but it's tuned to 24 hz. It sounds really good and i did some experimentation with the wireing and reversing the polarity didn't have any audible effect on it. Ill have some pics on this thread maybe late tommorrow just to show how small the box is. ( I mean the box is almost as small as the box the speaker came in). Im gonna have to go back to sound sensations and spend another $700 on another amp cuz my cousin borrowed my car blew my speaker but kept playing a half blown speaker and screwed up my amp. HE IS GONNA PAY WITH HIS BLOOD.