PDA

View Full Version : Good Place in Dallas/Rockwall Area? NOT CARTOYS

johnrowdy
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
The Car Toys in Rockwall is pretty much a joke! They seem to turn over people so fast that you never know who will be working their! not to mention their pricing... Can someone recommend a good retailer in the area that I can go listen to some good comps???

BASSMEKANIK
01-08-2008, 12:45 PM
good luck finding a good place around here... ive been to ever shop around dfw and nothing...

mjbailey21
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Its closer to the Plano area and may be expensive but I would give Earmark a call.
I had them do specific installs for the things I didn't want to mess up.
And after semi-negotiating on price, it was reasonable.

Give it a try.

04_edge
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
theres a place out towards blackland (i think) called stereo-type...my freinds said it was a pretty decent place, and that the guy would order you pretty much anything you needed...i never went there though so i dont know....

BASSMEKANIK
01-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Its closer to the Plano area and may be expensive but I would give Earmark a call.
I had them do specific installs for the things I didn't want to mess up.
And after semi-negotiating on price, it was reasonable.

Give it a try.

those guys are a bunch of dix...

i work in plano and have been there a few times and wouldnt trust then to even touch my wrecker. but different strokes for different folks.

johnrowdy
01-08-2008, 04:33 PM
You would think an area this big would have a good place to shop/listen??

04_edge
01-08-2008, 04:36 PM
your a pro angler?

take me fishing.
i live in rockwall.
anddd i never get to go anymore since i moved away from the coast :(

johnrowdy
01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
How'd you find that out?

I am in heath, send me your e-mail and i will hook you up on some fishing

04_edge
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
ha, youd put me to shame im sure :(

i used to live in south texas, grew up around Victoria and used to do alot of saltwater fishing down there...but i havent been fishing at all in over 2 years :crap: i miss it alot....

oo and like i said, id try out Stero-type...im really not sure how good the place is, but its pretty close, im just not positive where it is...its either out toward blacklands or royse city, and from what i hear the owner is a real good guy..

johnrowdy
01-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Do you have a # or web on them? I did a Google but couldn't find anything?

Small world, a good friend of mine is from victoria, lots of good fishing down there!

04_edge
01-08-2008, 11:30 PM
no, ill find out for you though...my friends got a few business card from them..

thats cool, whats their name/do they still live there?

quakerroatmeal
01-09-2008, 01:39 AM
You probably have better luck finding someone local to do some work for you, unless its some serious custom work needed. There are some good people out here in the DFW area that would help you out.

johnrowdy
01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
thats cool, whats their name/do they still live there?

Chris Welch, just moved to NY, he is an audio engineer

johnrowdy
01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
You probably have better luck finding someone local to do some work for you, unless its some serious custom work needed. There are some good people out here in the DFW area that would help you out.

I like doing the work myself when i can, just don't like buying over the net before taking a good look/listen at something...

quakerroatmeal
01-09-2008, 11:30 AM
What is it you're trying to buy? I have some stuff for sale if you're interested.

johnrowdy
01-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Looking for a good set of comps...

IamMurph
07-06-2008, 03:35 PM
It all depends on what you need. I have been installing in Mesquite for 15 years. I know many custom guys but I am a big box guy myself. I specialize in security.

xxBURT0Nxx
07-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Looking for a good set of comps...Chck my for sale thread in my sig

arizona
07-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Chck my for sale thread in my sig
Check the date :)

xxBURT0Nxx
07-06-2008, 03:50 PM
haha good checking lol... i just saw the post date from today, so I assumed it was recent!

IamMurph
07-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Sorry my fault. I was just adding comments on stuff in my area.

IwearJayz187
07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I got six 12'z/i got six 12'z i got alot of people that want to steal my ****/i got six 12'z they can hear my ****

Getluxd
10-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Lux motorsports is a real good place to go. They have nearly all the popular brands in stock. Chek em out at getluxd.com or 972-722-9970

Stereo Zone
10-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I Got my system from stereo zone down on buckner PG area they are really good when it comes to install and warranty i think they have a site, but i can't post it google them

Stereo Zone
10-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I Found it stereozonedallas.com

boomer34
12-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey,

I am in Dallas, and looking for a basic install. I am getting 4 new door speakers and an amp to run them through, and need them installed in my 2011 GMC truck. I am doing it through the factory head-unit.

What are my install options in Dallas? I am somewhat new here...I called one local retailer and they quoted me $129 to install the 4 speakers and the amp...I am a car audio newbie, so I don't know if that is a good price or not...

Thanks for any help

jeffjones
01-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Just go to Texas Audio. They're in Garland. I live in Rockwall and it takes me 20 minutes to get there. They've done all my systems and have plenty of product to listen to. Check em out www.texasaudio.com

wickedwitt
01-26-2012, 01:05 AM
A bit of a drive, but Unlimited Tinting in Weatherford used to be ok. I know they are 2-3 box builders down the road from when I had my stuff done there so I can't vouch for the new guy. Owner is pretty down to earth guy and willing to work with you though. Might want to give it a try.

audiobaun
01-26-2012, 01:11 AM
The Car Toys in Rockwall is pretty much a joke! They seem to turn over people so fast that you never know who will be working their! not to mention their pricing... Can someone recommend a good retailer in the area that I can go listen to some good comps???

In Mesquite there is just about the only place i recommend,but small, yet the guys there are very informative, and know theyre S H I T PERIOD-Josephs Car Audio,and only other place is in Dallas off of Harry Hines Called Bonnie N Clydes CB and car Stereo,Only places that I do any buying period in the DFW area.Other than that man..I do my own, and have for over 15yrs.I can recommend you speakers ect.I have over 30 old school amplifiers that are reasonable.Some subs also.:D

audiobaun
01-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Just go to Texas Audio. They're in Garland. I live in Rockwall and it takes me 20 minutes to get there. They've done all my systems and have plenty of product to listen to. Check em out www.texasaudio.com

If you are talking about the stereo shop off of 30 and Beltline brother, they S U C K friend,I wouldnt buy a set of bass blockers from those jokers, let alone let them put anything in my vehicles,too expensive for what they have(Cheap Crap).Id rather go to car toys,or walmart

johnrowdy
01-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Well since I asked this question a while back I found to excellent shops in Rockwall that do excellent work

Status STATUS creating rolling art | Rockwall/Dallas, Texas | Air Suspension, Fabrication, Lifting & Lowering, Custom Paint & Body, Audio/Video (http://www.creatingrollingart.com/) and Lux Lux Motor Sports Incorporated (http://www.getluxd.com/)

Both great shops and very cool guys that do custom installs!