PDA

View Full Version : News Alert! Battle Tommorrow!!!

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Tuesday, 1/8/07 @ 4 PM at Williams ST and Jamaica Ave. Long time in the works (3 Years) for the rematch. Carter with the Black Avalanche will do battle against the Beast from Da East. This is to settle a disputed loss that Carter was given and has been calling out Beast since last year at the Proline Show in May. Now it's time to do it one more time. This will be taped and broadcasted by DeepHitters Magazine to it's fullest and the NEW issue #9 will be sold as well. Both camps agreed to the battle and if one doesn't show up than they will be outkast in the Street Car Audio Game. Be there our be square. Carter with his lengadary Bass and Beast for his infamous clarity, who will win? This is for overall music which is BASS MIDS HIGHS, not just bass or not just voices, it is overall!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/DeephittersMagazine/carter.jpg

VS.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/DeephittersMagazine/DUBShow2007AC036.jpg

btdickey99
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
kool....i live too far...so ill be square

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
kool....i live too far...so ill be square

It will be videotaped and as soon as I put it together, I will give you guys a link

btdickey99
01-07-2008, 06:43 PM
word up

bonesninja
01-07-2008, 06:45 PM
wish i could go

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I'll try to cover everything but I only have one camera but I will do my best to cover that, sell the magazine and battle. I guess Im going to have a busy day! Hopefully it will draw more people into the shops to do something to their rides because shops are struggling to keep above water. I know it ain't the professional (meters) way but whatever makes people hungry for car audio, I will try to make it happen

tRidiot
01-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I really can't believe that you are a so-called magazine publisher, but your Engrish skills are so bad.

Hmmm. Oh well.

Good luck, I guess.

Chevyaudio
01-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I really can't believe that you are a so-called magazine publisher, but your Engrish skills are so bad.

Hmmm. Oh well.

Good luck, I guess.

lol...my thoughts as well.

JCANTONE
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM
whats this fellow have for a system...or is it a SUPRISE!!!:eek:

Chevyaudio
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM
I would say get a meter and see who is really louder...but then someone will say "zomg this is to see who is louder on tHa StReEtz"...

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Hmmm. Oh well.

Good luck, I guess.

I'm typing fast and sending, I'm not going back to edit as any editor does to check for mistakes. This is a forum, who cares. Sorry, I guess you do.

Thanks anyway

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
whats this fellow have for a system...or is it a SUPRISE!!!:eek:

He has re modified his whole system, so I guess i will be suprised

IgnoreMe
01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
sneaking in some magazine promotion i see...

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM
sneaking in some magazine promotion i see...

lol, yes Sir. Top 3 answer

millerscents
01-07-2008, 07:02 PM
look forword to the vid link
thanks

James Bang
01-07-2008, 07:02 PM
i don't understand how this will be judged.

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:04 PM

it's just a hype for the crowd, this is not metered which would have one winner but this is just opinions

Flipx99
01-07-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm typing fast and sending, I'm not going back to edit as any editor does to check for mistakes. This is a forum, who cares. Sorry, I guess you do.

Thanks anyway

Some people strive for excellent grammar at all times.

From my understanding, the person with the most friends wins. The two vehicles play (I guess) a song or two and then the audience cheers for the loudest one. Whichever vehicle garners the loudest cheer, wins. However, one with a stock Mazda Protege and $10,000 could defeat any vehicle in the world just by paying people to cheer.

LuckyT
01-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Yall put money on the line or anything like that or is it just for braging rights?

tRidiot
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM

Thanks anyway

I guess that's one excuse... I'm not one to criticize simple typos or something like that at the drop of a hat. However, glaring grammar and sentence structure mistakes, coherence and a logical progression of thought generally reflect on one's professionalism and business acumen. IMNSHO.

But then, it's just a forum, right? It doesn't mean anything in the long run to one's business.... does it?

Or does it?

plushDJ
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
So is this like that 'yo mama' show with Fez, just with stereo's instead of jokes? If I see that video and someone yells "YOU GOT SERVED!!!!" I'm gonna cry.

JCANTONE
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM

well i cant wait!!! but you will most likely win, just as you alwayz do :thumbupw:

Flipx99
01-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Yall put money on the line or anything like that or is it just for braging rights?

I think they just 'compete' for trophies. However, it seems as this type of event gets quite a turnout. I don't think the OP is too off-base with his attitude and grammar. It appears that is what the mainstream wants, and it's his job to serve the mainstream. I don't blame him really.

silvercookie
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
can i have a reference to what buildings or stores this will be by??

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Some people strive for excellent grammar at all times.

Maybe you just have to much time. I have read alot of threads here and have seen many mistakes but this is not a thesaurus contest so if I wrote something incorrectly, oh well. I will not lose sleep over it.

From my understanding, the person with the most friends wins. The two vehicles play (I guess) a song or two and then the audience cheers for the loudest one. Whichever vehicle garners the loudest cheer, wins. However, one with a stock Mazda Protege and $10,000 could defeat any vehicle in the world just by paying people to cheer.

I think I covered this in another thread. It's for fun, lighten up. If two guys by chance are at a gas station and both are playing music from their cars then decide to have a one on one sound-off, does that make them aliens or *sshats for just wanting to compete in their own way.

plushDJ
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
If two guys by chance are at a gas station and both are playing music from their cars then decide to have a one on one sound-off, does that make them aliens or *sshats for just wanting to compete in their own way.
I dont' think I've ever seen that happen. Around here you see fights at gas stations, not mini soundoffs:D

Flipx99
I think that it makes them punks that are distubing the peace. Like I said, I don't understand it, but you draw a crowd....a much larger crowd than any sanctioned event. I just tried to describe how the "competition" is run.

Deephitters Mag
I guess that's one excuse... I'm not one to criticize simple typos or something like that at the drop of a hat. However, glaring grammar and sentence structure mistakes, coherence and a logical progression of thought generally reflect on one's professionalism and business acumen. IMNSHO.

But then, it's just a forum, right? It doesn't mean anything in the long run to one's business.... does it?

Or does it?

It hasn't effected business at all. For a small publication that deals with 10+ car audio companies, I guess I'm alright with my bad grammar. Thanks

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:24 PM

I keep away from the money thing, only on meters can I say money up

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I think they just 'compete' for trophies. However, it seems as this type of event gets quite a turnout. I don't think the OP is too off-base with his attitude and grammar. It appears that is what the mainstream wants, and it's his job to serve the mainstream. I don't blame him really.

besides the insult, you hit it right on the head Good Sir

tRidiot
01-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Why am I not surprised that you're in NY?

lol

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I dont' think I've ever seen that happen. Around here you see fights at gas stations, not mini soundoffs:D

lol, yeah I have seen that too

IgnoreMe
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
lol, yes Sir. Top 3 answer

well good

ca.com TOS

Anti-Spam Restriction. You will not use our Service to make any Communications which are unsolicited bulk advertising or promotional messages ("spam"), so-called "chain letters," pyramid schemes, or make Communications of a promotional nature other than through channels authorized by the Service. You may not harvest email addresses or instant messaging identifiers. Because the damage incurred by us in connection with spam campaigns may be difficult to ascertain, you agree to pay liquidated damages of $3 per individual recipient of spam messages transmitted under your account if you knowingly cause spam to be sent.

Flipx99

lol

I'd bet a dollar to your nickel that this is more popular than you'd think. It took a while to get me to understand. But I explained (in a non-sarcastic way) the format, types of vehicles, and people here seemed interested. It boggles the mind...but yeah, he's on to something...not earth shattering, but better than the current sanctioned events.

Deephitters Mag
I think that it makes them punks that are distubing the peace. Like I said, I don't understand it, but you draw a crowd....a much larger crowd than any sanctioned event. I just tried to describe how the "competition" is run.

Well there is the problem. The crowds grow very big and quickly. To many bad things can happen in these types of uncontrolled event. I'm not saying I know everything or am God but I try to turn people into car audio that just a couple of years ago were into big rims. I don't care if it's into street sounds or SPL or SQ but as long as I can draw them in, I am happy

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM

lol

Good, I am glad you are not suprised

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I'd bet a dollar to your nickel that this is more popular than you'd think. It took a while to get me to understand. But I explained (in a non-sarcastic way) the format, types of vehicles, and people here seemed interested. It boggles the mind...but yeah, he's on to something...not earth shattering, but better than the current sanctioned events.

yes, it's not earth shattering but I have done alot here in NYC to bring out the game in general even though it's not the cup of tea for 90 percent of the guys here but the shop owners, distributors and now some more manufactures are jumping in. Just 4 years ago I was into the loud vehicle, annoying neighbors but now it's more of a business for me and prefer to listen to (1) 12" in the trunk, with (4) coaxials.

Canaan
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Ok, a few questions:

-Have either of these vehicles been on the TL?
-Have either been on an RTA?
-SQ judged?

We all know you can make something VERY loud w/ alot of highs/mids, but does it sound like @$$?

Also, some vehicles literally "throw" bass but are not really all that loud. Hell, 145's in many vehicles is louder outside the car then 152's @45hz in my truck.

Another thing to look at: when I give demos at the shop in my truck, people freak out that the side windows rattle like hell and my roof goes crazy...they love it. But I strive to get rid of that very rattle!

I'm not saying that either of these vehicles are crap, just saying that 'loudness' and SQ are subjective.

Flipx99
01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
I think the subjectivity is the point.

~Magick_Man~
01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
The owners of the trucks should fight to the death.
And then you would know who the winner is for sure.

Magick_Man

savagebee
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
well good

ca.com TOS

how is that any different than other companies with owner on here?
I dont have a problem with it, he isnt really spamming
he just makes it clear that he has a magazine
and posts abt upcoming events
eh, sure, it could be defined as spam, but its not that bad

plushDJ
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
The owners of the trucks should fight to the death.
And then you would know who the winner is for sure.

Magick_Man

That's only if there's a tie

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Ok, a few questions:

-Have either of these vehicles been on the TL?
-Have either been on an RTA?
-SQ judged?

We all know you can make something VERY loud w/ alot of highs/mids, but does it sound like @$$?

Also, some vehicles literally "throw" bass but are not really all that loud. Hell, 145's in many vehicles is louder outside the car then 152's @45hz in my truck.

Another thing to look at: when I give demos at the shop in my truck, people freak out that the side windows rattle like hell and my roof goes crazy...they love it. But I strive to get rid of that very rattle!

I'm not saying that either of these vehicles are crap, just saying that 'loudness' and SQ are subjective.

Fair questions but it's all in a person's taste or preference. Alot of people like tight bass or low (ground shaking) bass and screaming vocals or vocals with pop in them(mid bass). I'm not going to lie here and defend some of these guys because 75% don't know their systems at all and blast them until you hear distortion. I personally just received the Beast back from the shop and I haven't metered it on the TL or RTA but I do know it has a complete sound without distortion but that just my personal opinion. You would have to be there to have your own conclusion!

mavster
01-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm Local...

Where on Jamaica ave is that?

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:49 PM
ok fellas, sorry but I have to go. I'll be back later to continue my spamming.lol

Deephitters Mag
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm Local...

Where on Jamaica ave is that?

and Willams St across from the bus depot after the overpass

~Magick_Man~
01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
That's only if there's a tie

I would watch it.
Nothing like watching two grown men fight to the death.

~Magick_Man~

80INCHES
01-08-2008, 01:45 AM

he redid his setup...interesting...last time i heard his setup he had 4 13w7's in
6th order bandpass...it beat polo with the 6 L7 15's...the only thing he neded to do was upgrade his mids and highs...but that was like 4 yrs ago

na_rsx
01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
where da vidz at

97cavy
01-09-2008, 12:19 AM
So????

And 80 and Beast, you guys play that song I sent ya in your vehicles yet?

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
So????

And 80 and Beast, you guys play that song I sent ya in your vehicles yet?

In a way, disappointing but I'm glad alot of people came out. From jump I
said overall and everyone knows I do overall. We played 1 song a piece in
the beginning and that should of been it! but they started that "we have
more bass" and I will give him that but this is an "overall" competition.
If he wants to do Bass, then he needs to see some cats on the meter.
After the Bass he was dead in the water. I have to get this video put together to show you but I'm tired right now.

Bottomline, I took home the win for overall!

dvrmstrng
01-09-2008, 08:08 PM
he got you on bass with 4 13W7s?

97cavy
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
yeah im pretty sure i can see beast on the low end but with only 12 mids and highs im sure im gonna get killed on that.

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM

it's crazy to believe that but yes, he has a 6 order bandpass in the back of the avalanche shooting right in the small cab. The bass is nothing to play with for sure. I wasn't to far back with the long truck I have but overall he was beat easily.

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
yeah im pretty sure i can see beast on the low end but with only 12 mids and highs im sure im gonna get killed on that.

You know Manny metered the Beast?

na_rsx
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
**** man i wanna see the vid

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
**** man i wanna see the vid I have the video that my friend recorded of yesterday's event but it was done wrong, not enough coverage, sounds horrible which was not the guys fault. I'll try my best to put together as soon as I can.

mjf
01-09-2008, 09:03 PM
You know Manny metered the Beast?

Well in matter of fact, today was the first time I have metered that truck and it ain't like I know this stuff but the truck hit a 153.4 on music on the TL @ 30HZ. I don't know if that good or bad but I did it just because to many people were asking me about the numbers

why, yes, i do!

and i still vote for a new box.

that ones choking them off.

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 09:07 PM
why, yes, i do!

I don't like that number, sounds low to me, he put it in the port and registered 167 something, that sounds good but .....whatever

ngsm13
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Fair questions but it's all in a person's taste or preference. Alot of people like tight bass or low (ground shaking) bass and screaming vocals or vocals with pop in them(mid bass). I'm not going to lie here and defend some of these guys because 75% don't know their systems at all and blast them until you hear distortion. I personally just received the Beast back from the shop and I haven't metered it on the TL or RTA but I do know it has a complete sound without distortion but that just my personal opinion. You would have to be there to have your own conclusion!

Without distortion...

LAUGH MY ******* *** OFF...

nG

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Without distortion...

LAUGH MY ******* *** OFF...

nG

Yes, it doesn't distort or better said I don't blast it to those high levels.

ngsm13
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes, it doesn't distort or better said I don't blast it to those high levels.

I think you don't understand distortion...

nG

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I think you don't understand distortion...

nG

please explain!

Naledge503
01-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't like that number, sounds low to me, he put it in the port and registered 167 something, that sounds good but .....whatever

You realize that was at 30Hz....And you cant compare numbers at the port to at the dash or kick.:)

80INCHES
01-09-2008, 09:28 PM

I wouldnt say that...its a different kind of bass
carter's 4 13w7's was tuned higher than beast setup...but beast destroyed him on anything 40hz and lower....when ever the 4 13w7's play anything lower than 40hz u can hear the subs unloading...when beast played something lower than 40hz i just got louder and no signs of unloading

80INCHES
01-09-2008, 09:32 PM
i think 153 and change @30hz is real dam good......just imagine if u played something closer to ur peak frequency i can see u doing mid to upper 50's on music

na_rsx
01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
btw i think it was 35hz, according to this video, i commented and asked if he just battled beast from the east.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HOQ5FNhjf4U

that vid will speak for itself, now i am not saying its him, but i asked, who knows

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
You realize that was at 30Hz....And you cant compare numbers at the port to at the dash or kick.:)

The problem with me is that meter talk, frequencies of Boxes, TL vs. AudioControl is all pretty new to me. I'm used to getting in the truck, play with radio/equalizer and that's it. When I see guys like King of Bass hitting a 59 or Bob doing 60+ musically, I'm not to quick to pat myself on shoulder over a 53.4. you are right , the port thing is not real to me because it is a form of cheating in my eyes

80INCHES
01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
btw i think it was 35hz, according to this video, i commented and asked if he just battled beast from the east.

that vid will speak for itself, now i am not saying its him, but i asked, who knows

thats not the setup...i will find a pic of his setup

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 09:39 PM

No, that's not him. 80 can explain better how his box is designed

mjf
01-09-2008, 09:59 PM
The problem with me is that meter talk, frequencies of Boxes, TL vs. AudioControl is all pretty new to me. I'm used to getting in the truck, play with radio/equalizer and that's it. When I see guys like King of Bass hitting a 59 or Bob doing 60+ musically, I'm not to quick to pat myself on shoulder over a 53.4. you are right , the port thing is not real to me because it is a form of cheating in my eyes

a 150+ on music is good.

but ill say it a million times. simple ported box wont cut it if you're looking for higher numbers.

cut the 2" thick mdf crap so you stop losing airspace get a better design and build it properly.

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 10:41 PM
a 150+ on music is good.

but ill say it a million times. simple ported box wont cut it if you're looking for higher numbers.

cut the 2" thick mdf crap so you stop losing airspace get a better design and build it properly.

What you recommend then?

97cavy
01-09-2008, 11:52 PM
a 53.4 is hell of a good number and since manny did it im sure it was sealed on the dash right? you said its peaking at low 30hz range right? Still very nice and u deserve props for that. My old setup did like a 52.5 with 7k cant wait till i can drop 12k+ and more efficent subs

Deephitters Mag
01-09-2008, 11:57 PM
check this link out for my new Bass

http://deephitters.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=104

97cavy
01-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Hell, a simple ported box as worked well for bob, and many other bassracers. There is a guy outta indiana that was bassracing a 50+ with a single amp, and all he had was a wall with 12 CHEAP subs (like $50 a piece) in sperate ported boxes. And then you have sealed walls hitting pretty big numbers, so as long as its done right, there isint a single problem with a ported box/ported wall or sealed, its all about the install!

97cavy
01-10-2008, 12:46 AM
It does sound like it hits the lows, thats for sure. Hows it feel on your body? I know videos usually arent to good at showing flex. I know my truck will make your face go numb if ya sit in it for a few min

Deephitters Mag
01-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Hell, a simple ported box as worked well for bob, and many other bassracers. There is a guy outta indiana that was bassracing a 50+ with a single amp, and all he had was a wall with 12 CHEAP subs (like $50 a piece) in sperate ported boxes. And then you have sealed walls hitting pretty big numbers, so as long as its done right, there isint a single problem with a ported box/ported wall or sealed, its all about the install!

You probably know Manny than I do and it's his design

Deephitters Mag
01-10-2008, 12:49 AM
It does sound like it hits the lows, thats for sure. Hows it feel on your body? I know videos usually arent to good at showing flex. I know my truck will make your face go numb if ya sit in it for a few min

I have to video some flex too but it's real hard to breathe in there. It hits the lows very nicely. tuned box at 30, you can imagine

97cavy
01-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Yeah, manny doesnt mess around. If i would have had some advance notice and my ankle wasnt so messed up i could have made it down, ive been doing nothing for almost the past month and been stuck in the house, been dying to get out

97cavy
01-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Oh yeah, my box in the mountaineer was tuned to 33hz, I loved it. But I have found a new love in the sealed wall, that thing will play ANY music I throw at it without a problem, whereas with the ported, sometimes it just sounded like crap. I can throw anything from the eagles, tom petty, metallica to jeezy, and it plays everything smooth and loud

Deephitters Mag
01-10-2008, 01:04 AM
Oh yeah, my box in the mountaineer was tuned to 33hz, I loved it. But I have found a new love in the sealed wall, that thing will play ANY music I throw at it without a problem, whereas with the ported, sometimes it just sounded like crap. I can throw anything from the eagles, tom petty, metallica to jeezy, and it plays everything smooth and loud

Who the hell is Young Jeezy? Where is Alan Jackson or Wham on this list Good Sir?

97cavy
01-10-2008, 01:05 AM
HAHAha forgot em, im all geeked out on some pain killers and cant sleep, thinkin straight is not gonna happen for me.

mjf
01-10-2008, 03:36 AM
What you recommend then?

what id do myself?

http://www.hexibase.com/

get a design from him and call it a day. i can design ported boxes all day and night, but you can do more with the sub in a better box.

just the way i was looking at it.

hell, i have a design sitting around thats for 6 15" mtx 9500s in a tahoe.

80INCHES
01-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Who the hell is Young Jeezy? Where is Alan Jackson or Wham on this list Good Sir?

if u want alan jackson i will send it to u
i will tell u know...it will be hard to sit in ur ride during 37hz peaks

80INCHES
01-10-2008, 11:10 AM
No, that's not him. 80 can explain better how his box is designed

the avalanche has a 6th order parallel tuned bandpass
the subs are facing up...playing into a ported are with a huge port...not sure wat its tuned to....the other port is on the bottom of the box...not sure wat thats tuned to either...but from hearing it..its not tuned low

na_rsx
01-10-2008, 11:12 AM
check this link out for my new Bass

http://deephitters.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=104

looks like that guy was getting mad, in the 3rd vid

na_rsx
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
the avalanche has a 6th order parallel tuned bandpass
the subs are facing up...playing into a ported are with a huge port...not sure wat its tuned to....the other port is on the bottom of the box...not sure wat thats tuned to either...but from hearing it..its not tuned low

pics?

Deephitters Mag
01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
looks like that guy was getting mad, in the 3rd vid

you going to see some **** in the next video I will post, alot of angry motherf-----

na_rsx
01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
you going to see some **** in the next video I will post, alot of angry motherf-----

that ***** man, why can we all just get a long

80INCHES
01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
pics?

when i get home i will see wat pix i have of the setup

dvrmstrng
01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
nothing like W7s tuned nice and high

Deephitters Mag
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
it's not about them W7's , if had some Powerful subs in that box. He would be almost unstoppable

80INCHES
01-10-2008, 12:31 PM
also if he was to get more powerful amps
he only had 4 jl 1000/1's
the only thing different with that setup is they put more batteries in there
and he getting his doors done over again...

80INCHES
01-10-2008, 07:22 PM
pics?

as requested
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4713/hpim15261me4.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7766/hpim15432ue1.jpg
i know the pix r blurry but thats all i had...

taking a pic at a magazine is ultra ghetto

mjf
01-11-2008, 03:48 AM
meh.

Idealrealist
01-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Did they do any of this work themselves?