PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 6900UB usb question

King Kong
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey,

I was looking at the Pioner in dash player with the model number
DEHP6900UB, it says it has a USB control. If i used my phone (which i use for playing music) and plugged it in to this usb control would i be able to play music through the system and also would it charge my phone? Im trying to cut down on wires because right now i have seperate cables for music and charger. thanks

sdmtnbiker420
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Interesting question.

I have the same head unit.

I personally use a 8gb USB thumb drive. It works great. I know of others who use 64 and 128 gb hard drives also with no problem.

Question - when you plug your phone into your computer, does the music show up in a folder, in mp3 format?

There is power to the USB cord, but not a lot. One guy had problems trying to get his 256 gb hard drive to spin fast enough, he had to use an external power source, but there is some power in that usb cord.

King Kong
01-07-2008, 11:37 PM
yes when its plugged into my computer the music shows up as mp3's in a folder.

duece212
01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
could probably use your phone if it just shows up as a storage device on your computer. Thumb drives are so cheap though, just get one. Thats what I did when I ran my 6900. They are small and easy to pack around.

King Kong
01-07-2008, 11:48 PM
yea it would be easy but i already have my phone mounted to my dash cuz i get bluetooth through the speakers and other **** like that so itd be nice to have to just hook it up to the HU and play my music of that. any my phone charges when its connected to any computer so I dont know if it will charge with the HU usb cord or not