PDA

View Full Version : DEH-P7900BT PhoneBook Dialer?

JonV
01-06-2008, 11:29 PM
I just installed a Pioneer DEH-P7900BT. Everything works great so far except one thing. The manual says I can dial entries in my phonebook by positioning on the entry, selecting the proper phone number within the entry then pressing the multi-control knob to start dialing. Pressing the knob just does nothing. I've read and reread, tried and retried and I cannot dial a number in my phonebook.

Can anyone help?

JonV
01-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they really didn't have the answer either however in talking to them I thought of something to check and it did turn out to be the answer.

I populated the phonebook entries by BT beaming the contact from my Treo. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the number transferred was in the form ' 555 555 1212'. I manually edited the number to '15555551212' and, boom, it worked. The spaces caused the dialer to just ignore me! I don't think it even needed the 1.

traxtar944
01-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Nice job... now all I need to do is figure out how to get more than one number at a time from my phone to the unit using my Samsung A940.... what a pain!

mtlhead
01-10-2008, 10:46 AM
ive tried to do the p book transfer, but it seems to fail everytime...not sure whats wrong, any ideas?

traxtar944
01-11-2008, 01:19 PM
From my experience, the blootooth is very finicky depending on the phone you have. Like I said, I can only transfer one number at a time, so I only did the important ones. Even that took a long time. You have to go to the phonebook transfer option, then hit send contact on your phone, then tell the HU to look for a contact. The phone has to find the HU before sending the contact, and if your HU is looking for a contact before sending it from the phone, the phone will not be able to detect the HU. Make sense?? I know it sounds stupid but thats how I have to do it....It's a total pain in the ***, but once it's done it's done.:rolleyes: